It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

Serial offender: Losing creeping gained weight yet again!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Serial offender: Losing creeping gained weight yet again!

Postby Emlu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 am

Hello,
I'm Emma.
I'm a 23 year old Psychology student moving into a corporate career and land a f/t job asap!
I'm married 1.5 years to a lovely fit guy and we have just bought an apartment and are enjoying the city lifestyle.
I've always had to keep up an active lifestyle to prevent putting on weight, and I've always eaten quite healthy too but let the food & exercise slide one I am at a healthy weight I like.
I've had 2 major times of weight loss, both times I chose to go on a very strict diet and just exercised 4 times or so a week. Not the best balance, and so I'd have a hard time maintaining.
Mentally I've always seen myself as the bigger end of average and so that seems me at "normal" and not when I'm my healthiest, so I'm trying to change that image of who I am to maintain a healthy life.
Studying Psychology has been helpful to think about behavior and mental processes, but really it's about creating what works for me.
I've already made many changes before signing up here, and I feel great that Ive started the journey, but the best news is I'm finding things that will last a lifetime to stay healthy. I'd like to be the most confident and healthy type of me :)
In the past I was really honestly just driven by wanting to look good, and health really in the picture. There was "that photo" that I saw the last time I lost weight and it really worked for motivation. I have a new "that photo" sadly lol but hello motivation!
Also hubby has agreed to buy a new wardrobe (though I look forward to fitting into some old favs).
So glad my hubby is behind me, but I haven't really talked about it with others. Maybe I should?
Em
ImageImage
Emlu

Re: Serial offender: Losing creeping gained weight yet again

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 pm

HI Emma

You'll find the forum here quite useful for a number of different reasons. If you enjoy challenges or find that competition is a good personal spur then the Challenges section can be fun. If you need encouragement then you will get it from people who have been or are going through much the same process. No matter how you use the forum, it will help to keep you focused on your goals and "up front" about what you are doing about it, rather than hiding efforts (and failures).

The main website attached to the forum has a lot of very useful articles about weight-loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, so don't forget to visit there too.
CronicBadger

Postby Emlu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks. Just reading articles now -very helpful!
ImageImage
Emlu

Postby emmer138 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

hey, our start weights are pretty similar, and i've also lost weight, then gained it.. and my name's emma too :) i find it a lot easier to keep going with weight loss when I've got a heap of people encouraging me, and i know there are a lot of people on here who have lost weight, but stay on here while maintaining their weight, so maybe thats something that will help you after you've lost your weight :)

good luck, and i look forward to reading about your weight loss journey!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby Emlu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:50 am

Hi Emma
It's interesting to read and be encouraged with people who are on similar journeys, so great to hear from you :)
Looks like you've just stareted on here too?
This is sort of my thread for my journey, but I really want others to share too. Especially with tips. I find that whenever I have a tip, trick, or motivation I have an urge to share with some of my friends and sometimes I can see just hearing something new is encouraging or activating for them, and I haven't even achieved yet much, so I'd love to hear what you're doing since you're on a similar journey.
For me it's a terrible weight to be, as oppossed to when I was 10 lighter as now my fashion is so limiting on the styles I like to wear -ie. high-waisted, and showing my legs. It's the weight that is the line I've crossed when I look at pictures of myself, lol. I'm going to make the line shorter in the future and have a sustainable lifestyle.

Since last post:
I've purposely been more open with the weightloss/fitness topic with my close friends (I have fit friends, and friends who are much worse off than me). I'm trying to just be genuine to both parties, and it's great to workout with friends - competition! I've done the I only want to eat healthy foods at dinner parties thing so thats done, and they're even buying my the lighter wine ;)
I eat out alot and am a bit of a foodie and sometimes the healthiest option doesn't sound as moneys worth as duck, as I probably cant cook duck very well but can throw a salad together myself - however I'm tightening and have been ordering the healthy options - and coke zero haha. Though I need to look up whats the better alcoholic options, I think I'll do that now.
Have a look at http://www.completefitness.com.au/articles/nutrition/alcoholweightloss.php
This grid is a little bit deciving, as I don't know for you but cider as a 200ml serve, thats only if you're pouring a very small cup from a bigger bottle. Individual bottles are 330ml, so 571kJ for Pipsqueak :( http://www.calorieking.com.au/
I dont think the mixers in spirits are good other than Vodka, lime & soda, and wine doesn't look good at all. But I know the cost of a drink now ;)
In other food news, I'm going to do lots of Asian soups with veges, soba noodles and a poached egg. Im a believer in spices make up for butter/fat/salt in food taste so I'll be doing more of my curries, from scratch without the additives.

Started Zumba classes, (signed up to unlimited for 1 month) they are fun and definately good for being in the fat burning zone and not too aerobic, and works the abs, arms etc the whole time too. Also I'm going with a friend so that makes it a commitment, though I always go to gym classes. I need more motivation for my supplementary exercise as I can only make 3-4 Zumbas a week. I'm looking at getting a bike, I used to love riding for fitness, and my hubby loves riding so I can picture bike riding being a part of beach visits (we're close to many beaches). Wish I could ride to the local shops, but that would mean riding on the road and I'm in the city :S thankfully though theres a huge park across the road, so I could ride there. Im on the eBay hunt.
I bought some scales, eBay, but they're coming in the mail. I am aiming to get a nice surprice the first time I get on them - here's to hoping the diet for the last 4 weeks and the exercise has done something :)
Taken my measurements too, so it'll be great to compare to those. The measurements in brackets are ones I found from Feb 2009
Under Bust 100 (81)
Waist 94 (77)
Hips widest 115 (101)
Bit shocking. No wonder that dress doesn't fit ;)

Feeling great.

Emma
ImageImage
Emlu

Return to Introductions