It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

New and Needing Support

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and Needing Support

Postby kristylee0802 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Hey everyone,

This is my first time on this forum. My name is Kristy, I have just gona 22 years old. I have always been on the bigger side, and also a very very shy person. A couple of years ago I racked up the courage to join a gym and exercise regularly for the first time in my life. I lost well over 30kg in that year. I then found I wanted to help others do the same, and wanted to become a Personal Trainer. I started the study but unfortunately I got a kidney infection and gall stones, and this led to fibromyalgia (chronic fatigue of the musculoskeletal system). Due to this I had to put study on hol and find work and I put back on 28kg taking me up to 88kg and my fitness went downhill. I just lost all confidnece in myself and went downhill. I have stopped and started "dieting" or as I like to call it now, lifestyle change, and just couldn't stick to it. I have finally got myself back in the right frame of mind. So far I have got myself back down to 85.9kg. I hope to get back on top of my fitness as well and help other people. I am considering going to University and studying physiotherapy. But I will see what happens. I am basically here for support and to talk with others going through similar experiences. Hope to meet alot of great people.

Kristy x
kristylee0802

Re: New and Needing Support

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Kristy

Yep, you got it right re the "lifestyle change". Weight loss, and keeping it off, requires more than just a diet. It encompasses a real change in attitude towards food, exercise and living. One thing I would suggest is that you use your weight loss efforts and experience over the coming months as a springboard to change in other ways that you might see fit. in other words, make weight loss and better health become just another set of tools to help improve other aspects of your life.
CronicBadger

Re: New and Needing Support

Postby PraetorAuron » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 am

Hey Kristy!

Alot of it is balance, too. Its ok to treat yourself once in a bit, but too much will obviously put you back where you dont want to be.

I've had a gym membership for 6 years now, and went maybe 25 times, which is sad. But, like you, I need commitment! But, you'll get there
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr6L4jQ/]
[/url]
PraetorAuron

Return to Introductions