It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

Hi !! :) . . I'm here and I need help !! :?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi !! :) . . I'm here and I need help !! :?

Postby ElleK » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Everyone :D
I'm Elle . . I'm 32 . . I have 3 children . . a loving partner . . and I am grossly overweight :( according to my BMI I am now morbidly obese and I just can't believe that I have got to this point !!
I have never been a small person but I have always been rather fit through playing sport and walking and running.
Over 2 years ago I split from my ex-husband and I began to grow . . my clothes all seemed to shrink overnight . . now I am finding myself going into shops (for larger women) and still not finding something that fits and looks ok . . . now that is depressing !!!
But now I am in a good place !! I have 3 beautiful girls, 7, 5 and 2 . . and the MOST wonderful man who loves me no matter what !! but I find I am still in the same old routine of eat whatever when ever I want ! I think it is going to make me feel better but yet it does not !! Actually it ALWAYS makes me feel worse !! I feel sick afterwards and I feel OH SO GUILTY !!
It needs to stop now !! I can feel the rolls of my stomach, I can feel the double chin, I can feel the fat arms that don't fit into clothes yet look damn awful uncovered !!!
I AM OVER IT !! I need change . . . and I need change now !!
I need to get out of these habits that I have grown accustomed to and I need to stay strong and not find myself at the take away shop at morning tea time because I need a fat rush !!! I need to get of my big fat lazy behind and make the changes that need making !!
So . . . .
Here I am !! I'm going to need help because I know that without it, as all the times before, I will make up an excuse and eat, and eat, and eat !!! and I just don't want to be like this any more !!
So please, if you can, say hi :) and if you feel you can help me in anyway you can !!
I want to thank you all now !!!
Elle :?
ElleK

Re: Hi !! :) . . I'm here and I need help !! :?

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Elle and good luck!
You sound like you really want this so you have to work at it to get it. You know what to do .. eat less and move more. Even if you still have something naughty - then have a smaller lot of it - or go for a healthier option.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ElleK » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 am

Hi :)
Wow . . . so did you start loosing weight in Oct ?? and have lost so much weight ?? congrats !!
Can you please share some of your success with me ?? tips, know how ??
I am really motivated to do this . . . but I am one of those ppl who alwasy finds the easy route . . . hence my position now and the amount of weight I am carrying !!
Love to hear some of your anecdotes !!
Cheers,
Elle !! :)
ElleK

Postby court » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Elle -
Can I give you some hints?

Dont look for the quick option - it is long journey but it is SO true when people say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels :roll:

Start small...

Get up in the morning and have a satiating breakfast of muesli, natural yoghurt and berries...take a piece of fruit for the morning...some protein (tuna, chicken cottage cheese etc) in a roll for lunch with cucumber and some green salad and a bit of egg mayo if that is what you like.... have some buts and dried fruit in the afternoona dn hey if you really feel like a little choccie buy a little choccie (it is about the small choices you make like NOT getting a family block, just a little block of GOOD quality chocolate) :D

Drink lots of water... (2L at least a day!) I find a glass before every meal helps but everyone is different... if you have a lift at work/home take the stairs... try and get off the train one stop early or park your car a bit further away! Seriosuly you dont have to start with huge changes like cutting ou food groups!! It can be easier than people make it out to be... good healthy nutritious food and moving a little more is all it takes 8)

p.s. In 2007 I weighed 92kgs and that put me in the morbidly obese category too (not fun!) I got down to 65kgs and now I sit on 70kgs. I want to lose a little but I am comfy here... good luck to you i will be keeping my eyes on here!!
court

Postby thinkingthinner » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:03 am

hi Court

I totally agree with your comments ...there is no quick fix just pure hard work and motivation
alot of people have to stop looking for that magic pill ... there isnt one i looked for years :lol: :lol:

I have been changing my life for the last 8 weeks and have lost 14 kgs I am thrilled with my progress and have ...THE RIGHT OF MIND...thing going on...stay positive

good luck everyone
thinkingthinner

Postby acushla » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi Elle,

Hang in there. Sometimes you can feel overwhelmed, but we are all here to help.
Have you ever considered hypnotherapy to help you lose weight and change habits?
I have two friends who were morbidly obese and they have each tried a different program and are each having success.
One has gone onto an Hcg diet, but that does still need a lot of will power, but it is working for them. I think you have to get the Hcg from the USA.
I could find out more if you want.
The other friend is using a new hypnotherapy program which has been designed specifically for the morbidly obese.
She is having great success with that. It is not expensive and convinces the subconscious to eat less food and to change diet habits.
She found it on a website: [Removed commercial link].

The other thing which I know about is nutrition.
Stay away from margarines and soy milk. I can tell you more if you are interested.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The link that was deleted pointed to a new website only a fortnight old which leaves a window of less than two weeks to get great results? Hmm.
acushla

Postby jessica1981 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:08 pm

People think that HCG diet is like a magic which can help to lose weight in very short period of time. But i would say that you may also need to do exercise along with HCG in order to lose weight.
Just do what you should do!
jessica1981

Postby acushla » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:39 am

The people I know who are using the Hcg diet and losing weight successfully have not had to add exercise into their regime. But of course, exercise is important for us all. Daily brisk walking for 20-30 minutes is exercise easily incorporated into your day.
acushla

Return to Introductions