It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Free Newsletter

How Did You Gain Weight? - Help With Research Paper Needed

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

How Did You Gain Weight? - Help With Research Paper Needed

Postby narellesteg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi,

I’m a practicing Naturopath currently studying my Masters of Health Science specializing in women’s health and obesity management.

I am seeking submissions from women who have suffered from unexplained weight gain and would love to hear from you. All submissions are in complete confidence. If you are interested please contact me by email at [email protected] and I will provide further details.

I have a genuine interest in researching the causes of unexplained weight gain and infertility in women and hope that by posting this thread, I will be able to connect with women who have gained weight after trauma, child birth, medications, stress or diagnosed health conditions etc. My aim is to compile a research paper based on real women's experiences.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Narelle Stegehuis
Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli
narellesteg

Re: How Did You Gain Weight? - Help With Research Paper Need

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm

And what research institution are you working under? Any conflicts of interest to declare? Mass Attack perhaps?
This sounds a little like sneak advertising to me.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: How Did You Gain Weight? - Help With Research Paper Need

Postby narellesteg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Butterfly_Dawn,

Thanks for the email and your concern. I can understand where you are coming from, but can assure you that my intention is genuine. I have tried to be as transparent and up front as possible. I am studying under the University of New England in NSW - this is legitimate and I am not intending this to be an advertisement in any way or form. I'm not trying to gain clients by this exercise if that's what you mean by a conflict of interest. I would just value important feedback from real women, from a broad selection of the community. I can guarantee you that no marketing material will be promoted to anyone who partakes in this research study.

I was actually trying to keep my program completely out of the picture and I intend it to be that way!

Kind regards,

Narelle Stegehuis ND
Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli
narellesteg

Return to Introductions