It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 am

Free Newsletter

New and in need of some insipiration and motivation.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and in need of some insipiration and motivation.

Postby brinibigbum » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey everyone! Im an 18 year old from Vic, i am 5"8 (173cm) currently 103kg... I have been chubby my whole life but due to a few bumps in my life in the past year and a half including my year 12 and the loss for four good friends i have put on a huge 15kg! :( I feel discusting and very insecure... my whole family is bigger and i really just need a pick me up, Someone to coach me through when im down and ready to quit... Would really apppricate if someone could give me there success storys even if they arent complete yet id still acknowledge them! :D xo
BriniBigBum
Stay strong ya'll becuase together we can do this!
brinibigbum

Re: New and in need of some insipiration and motivation.

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi brinibigbum

There are some awesome success stories in the Personal Progress section. Just choose some at random from any year and start reading. My personal favourite is Shalimar's, but there are lots to choose from. The stories contain successes, setbacks, the good and the bad - regardless, they reveal that weight-loss is not an instant thing, but requires work and dedication.
CronicBadger

Postby brinibigbum » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Ohhh okay! awesome thanks alot xx
BriniBigBum
Stay strong ya'll becuase together we can do this!
brinibigbum

Postby acushla » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Brini,

You have already taken the first step.
I have learned a lot about nutrition along my journey.
For instance I have found out that margarine and soy milk are not good products to consume.
Also, if you like sugar, look into using (natural) xylitol as a substitute. You can get it from health shops and some chemists.
Simply substitute sugar with xylitol. Even diabetics can use it. It has a very low GI.
Also, using virgin organic coconut oil instead of other vegetable oils can help speed up your metabolism to help you lose weight.
Ask me for more info on any of the above if you want.
My friend found this site all about losing weight with hypnosis and she has lost heaps of weight using it.
I think it is [Deleted commercial link].

Stay strong and good luck.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted spam. So, "lost heaps of weight" by using a website less than two weeks old? Hmm. Until there are independent assessments of the hypsonis programme I'd be wary of attributing any positive outcomes to it.
acushla

Return to Introductions