It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, new here.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, new here.

Postby manda » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I've been 'trolling' the forum for a couple of weeks on and off and decided today to register. I've been overweight for a large part of my life and haven't been happy with the way I look for a long time now. I'm turning 25 soon and I figured there's no better time than now to start trying to get into shape! I weighed about 86kg at the start of last year and am around 80kg now. Ideally I would like to reach 60kg but I'm happy enough if I get into a healthy shape and fitness level.

I've started going to the gym last month. It's the first time I've joined one as I'm quite intimidated by them. Even now I feel awkward being there when others are, but I'm still forcing myself to go. I've been going for about 2-3 times a week but haven't really lost any weight since. It's a little demoralising but I'm still pushing on! Hopefully I'll see some results soon. It's a tough grind!

Re: Hi, new here.

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Manda

Good for you re going to the gym. I'm still trying to work up enough courage. Don't worry about not losing weight - it's likely you are losing fat and gaining muscle, which, initially, may cancel each other out. Welcome to the weight-loss forum.

Postby cathmacca » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Im new here too.Your post caught my eye because we have similar stats.I started out at 87.5kgs and am now sitting at 80kgs after 12 weeks of being on a calorie controlled + exercise plan.Was losing around 1kg a week but when cyclone Yasi went through we lost power for a week so I fell off the wagon for awhile.Im 39 years old and am riding my exercise bike for 13kms a day and working out with dumbells for around 15 mins to help tone up my arms.I do this at home because I also find gyms very intimidating.My goal weight is considered at the top end of normal BMI but i will be happy if I can reach 73kgs.I have been much lower than that before and was constantly asked if i was sick!
I joined this site to maybe talk to others who can understand and encourage me to reach my goal.
Good luck with your goal

Postby pinly » Sat May 14, 2011 2:54 am

Hi I am also new here and I am looking forward to know all of you :D

Return to Introductions