It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:54 am

Free Newsletter

another newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

another newbie

Postby courtney23777 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 am

hi there, gosh where do i start? well im 33 with 3 kids and a hubby i have had a few life changes in the past few months and with them it has brought a large weight gain i quit smoking after 20 years then fell pregnant not long after misscared at 15 weeks and from this i have had depression but have still stayed off the smoking. i hve however gone from 54 kgs to 70 kgs in a matter of 6 months i have never really had a issue with weight 54 kgs was bigish for me i have ibs so have alway had a tummy but feel overwhelmed with this gain. my whole life i have had to try to GAIN weight not loose it so this is all new to me. i am on anti depressants atm but thats it. any help and or tips would be great. sorry for the rambling on lol

Re: another newbie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum, Courtney.

I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage and depression. I think it's amazing that you've stayed off the smoking even through such a difficult time. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and life expectancy. I quit smoking ten years ago and I'm so glad I did it. It's hard at first but it gets much, much easier over time. Good on you for quitting and staying off the smokes!

Could the antidepressants be causing you to gain weight? Going from 54 kg to 70 kg in six months is a dramatic change, especially if you've never had a problem with weight before. It might be worth talking to your doctor about it. Naturally you don't want to go off your antidepressants as they are very important in treating depression. However, the doctor may have some advice about how to adjust your lifestyle while you are on medication to minimise the effect on your weight.

Good luck with your weight loss. Feel free to start a weight loss journal in the personal progress section of the board. I look forward to seeing you around here! I hope you get the support and motivation you need from the forum.

best regards,

Return to Introductions