It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:01 am

Free Newsletter

Diabetic looking to have a healthy life

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Diabetic looking to have a healthy life

Postby Cute&curvy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Carly, I live in Australia and I have a number of goals, but my main goal is to reach my healthy BMI. At the moment I'm about 30 kilos over my healthy weight. I have type one Diabetes, I've had it since the age of 2 (19 years now). I won't lie, it has contributed to emotional issues, especially as a teen and it's probably the number one reason I do eat compulsively at times. So I would love to gain control of my Diabetes and my weight. What brought me here is a show called 'Heavy' by A&E tv. Seeing others improve their life and focusing on the emotional and psychological reasons rather than just 'eating less' inspired me to join this forum. Realising that things need to change is the first step to reaching your goals. I just want to say good luck to everyone in their weight loss goals and hope you all live a happier and healthier life.

Carly
Cute&curvy

Re: Diabetic looking to have a healthy life

Postby Cute&curvy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Carly, I live in Australia and I have a number of goals, but my main goal is to reach my healthy BMI. At the moment I'm about 30 kilos over my healthy weight. I have type one Diabetes, I've had it since the age of 2 (19 years now). I won't lie, it has contributed to emotional issues, especially as a teen and it's probably the number one reason I do eat compulsively at times. So I would love to gain control of my Diabetes and my weight. What brought me here is a show called 'Heavy' by A&E tv. Seeing others improve their life and focusing on the emotional and psychological reasons rather than just 'eating less' inspired me to join this forum. Realising that things need to change is the first step to reaching your goals. I just want to say good luck to everyone in their weight loss goals and hope you all live a happier and healthier life.

Carly
Cute&curvy

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:01 am

Good luck! I have heard of people with diabeties who have been able to drastically cut down on their medications when they lost weight .. could this happen for your type of diabeties? What a motivation that could be!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby jacknelson » Thu May 05, 2011 9:23 am

The most important thing to do by a diabetic for leaving healthy life is to drink green vegetable juice.Try to eat more green vegetable.Avoid oily food and out side food.Try to drink the juice of Bitter gourd,it is most beneficial for a Diabetic to leave a healthy life.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam sig. Please do not use forum messages to advertise commercial products.
jacknelson

Return to Introductions