It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Free Newsletter

New and Terrified.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and Terrified.

Postby Talien » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Hey all.

I don't know how it happened.
When I moved in with my boyfriend I was 85kg. Heavier than I should have been for my age, but I still felt healthy.
7 years on and I'm 121kg.
I just found out that I might have PCOS or Endometriosis. I'm Bipolar and Epileptic. And I just quit smoking which has just resulted in a very quick gain of 6kg.
I know I can drop weight fairly quickly. I eat so much junk food, too much chocolate usually. I drink too much softdrink. Thing is I always panic about how much I have to lose. And I think. I'll start losing weight as soon as I finish this packet of smarties or as soon as we've gone through all the solo cans we wont buy any more. It's not very realistic.

Giving up smoking has given me a whole new way of looking at my eating habits and I'm sure, if I apply the same methodology to eating and exercise as I do with smoking, and take it a day at a time I should be ok. But I know I'll need support and encouragement as I did with the smoking, so I decided to look for a forum that will be able to help and here I am!

So, I'm 121kg. Or I was last night. Easter isn't over but I'm trying to be careful how much I take in. I have decided that my sugar 'quit' day will be May the 1st.

In total, I would like to lose approximately 50kg. Let's hope I can get there!
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Re: New and Terrified.

Postby time_to_live » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi Tailen!

Congrats on deciding to push through all those initial overwhelming feelings/'reasons' why it is all too hard to lose weight. Like you, I signed up with the forum to connect to others experiencing the same thing and I'm happy we'll be starting our journey together. I've a lot to lose too and your 'one day at a time' philosophy seems pretty sensible from where I'm sitting.

Have a great day!
Kim
time_to_live

Re: New and Terrified.

Postby Talien » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks Kim :)

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I tried losing weight a while ago with a friend of mine. But she would come home with celebratory foods for us to eat. She saw it as a competition I think rather than something that was meant to be mutually beneficial.
Glad to be here haha hopefully it works well for us both and we both kick the kilos!
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Return to Introductions