It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

New and need support!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and need support!

Postby fit_av » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:36 am

Hi everyone!

I just joined the forum looking for support and competition to help me lose weight. I've been overweight all my life - even as a child I remember being taken to a dietitian as my parents were concerned that I was overweight compared to my siblings! I've always been an emotional eater, and have let my weight stop me from doing a lot of things, as well as used it as an excuse many times. All common themes on this forum, I'm sure. Given I've never been "thin", I have had people tell me that maybe I just need to accept that I will always be an unhealthy weight. Somehow, I cannot accept this. Perhaps weight loss will be harder for me than others, and having PCOS as well, I know will make it even harder. I'm just not a quitter. Although I have quit many diets in my life!

I'm trying to lose weight a bit slowly for once, and develop healthy habits that will see me continue to lose weight, or at least maintain the weight loss I do achieve. No more crash dieting or swearing off foods forever (although i think there is some merit in abstaining from fructose). I have the tools, I know what I need to do, I've done my "before" measurements and pictures, all I need is a bit of support! None of my friends or family are overweight, so recruiting any of them to join me is out, and I live alone, so I have no-one to tell me off when I come home with a tub of ice cream! So I'm looking to this forum to provide me with a bit of support (and friendly competition) to keep me on track.

Looking forward to hearing from others and finding out about your stories!
Consistency is the key.
fit_av

Re: New and need support!

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:30 am

Hello and welcome Fit-av and good luck with your goals!

Doing it slowly is the best way to guarantee long term success so i think you're off to a great mindset. Just don't take that ice cream home!!! Practice self restriant and if it's not in the house you can't eat it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Introductions