It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 am

Free Newsletter

New, and soon to be improved =)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New, and soon to be improved =)

Postby KittyCat88 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi all :D

My name is Cat and I am pretty new to this site. I found it a couple of days ago when i was browsing weight loss information on the net.
I have recently embarked on my weight loss journey and thought that this site would be great for information, helpful hints and extra support. I never really had a weight problem until the birth of my first child almost 6years ago. And slowly over that time I seem to have collected more and more weight.
I am currently taking Metermine (which is the generic brand of Duromine). Its only day 2 on Metermine so i don’t know if it is helping me to lose weight or not but here’s hoping.
I started off at 87.8 kilos and that was two and a half weeks ago when I first changed my eating habits and exercise pattern. I am, last time I checked 86.8kg, so i lost 1kg, which isn’t much, but the way I look at it is a loss is a loss no matter how big or small.
I wish everyone else luck on their weight loss journeys and look forward to reading some of your posts.

Cheers
Cat :)
KittyCat88

Re: New, and soon to be improved =)

Postby danmo48 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Hey hey Cat,

Welcome to the forums. Can't wait to see how you go with your weightloss journey. You know I am always here for you no matter what. Good luck sweetheart. :-)
danmo48

Postby KittyMul » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:40 am

Hey Cat,

It's nice to see other new people on here too! I'm also on Duromine at the moment, it could be good to compare notes down the track (for instance, if you find anything to help you sleep, send it my way). Sounds like you're off to an awesome start.

Good luck!

Kitty
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Postby Talien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 am

Welcome to the forum!
A loss is a loss is a good way to view it at all times. But remember if at some point you feel like you're losing weight but the scales say you're not, or if you plateu, don't worry just keep going at it. Could be you're putting on some well deserved muscle ^.^

Again welcome to the forum and I hope it's useful to you!! :mrgreen:
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby KittyCat88 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:58 am

Thank you for the warm welcome Danni, Kitty and Tailen.
Today is day 3 on Metermine :P this time around. I have used it before, I lost 21kilos and kept most of it off.

Kitty, I find the best way to get some sleep while taking Duromine is to take it really early in the morning. I am up at 5.30 every morning and the first thing I do is take my tablet and then have a small breakfast. I have also found that it is better to do a work out in the morning or early afternoon. When I first used Duromine I was doing my workout at night after my daughter went to bed, and I found that the work out got me all pumped and worked up again and it was almost impossible to get to sleep. Now that I am doing my work out in the mornings I have been getting a pretty good nights sleep. I occassionally wake up through the night but its pretty easy to get back to sleep. The thing that you have to remember with Duromine is that it will help you drop the weight, but if you dont change your diet and put in place portion control as soon as your off it you will stack the weight back on. I make sure that I still eat 3 small meals a day even if Im not hungry. I set myself a daily allowence of calories and I try to stick to it as best as I can so that when the weight is gone it stays gone. If you ever need anyone to talk to or need some tips about Duromine let me know :)
KittyCat88

Postby fitfor30 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi- i'm also new to this site and enjoyed reading your post. I have a 6 year old aswell.

I have also been on Duromine, a few years ago. i did loose quite a bit of weight on it but found there were so many side effects. Very weird drug that i could not continue taking for too long due to lack of sleep, massive mood changes... i felt like i was on bad drugs!

anyhoo- thats not so positive and is only my personal experience with it. I hope you get what you want out of it!! are you going to try the weight loos challenge... i'm going to give it a try. starting tomoro. i'm actually quite excited to work my way thru this site and hopefully use it as a tool to help my weight loss.

Good luck with the tomro- one day at a time.
fitfor30

Postby Amandy » Wed May 04, 2011 11:51 am

hi
im also new to this site and thankyou for my comment you gave me when i first joined its really great to know that there is a site that has great suporters like you. i just started a tablet that in docters terms is a mild version of duramine its xenical so would be great to know what the difference would be between the two :P
Amandy

Postby KittyCat88 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Amanda, thank you for posting. I am currently taking Metermine (generic brand of Duromine). To be honest with you I dont know anything about Xenical, but I would be more then happy to chat to you about my experiances on Metermine and we can see if it similar, or even giving similar results :D
KittyCat88

Postby Mummy_of_2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi there everyone.. So glad I found these forums, they are so helpful.
I am 24 years old and have been prescribed duromine 40mgs. I currently weigh 80kgs and around 160cms. I weighed 60kgs when I was 21 and then fell pregnant with my second child and let myself go. I felt so depressed with myself and my weight so i asked the doctor if i can get prescribed this drug. I am totally aware of the side effects good and bad but didn't realise it was going to be this bad.
My friend was on duromine for a month and lost 5kgs a week! Yep, jealous!!
I have been on it for four days now and have not slept a wink. My eyes are so sore and i feel like a zombie. I am getting the dry mouth but although i hate drinking water i have been drinking 2 bottles a day. I am also going to the gym 4 times a week (for the past 2 weeks) and have a personal training session once a week. I weighed 79.80 on wednesday and today is friday and i weigh 79.30. Not much difference really considering how much pain my body is in from working out so hard.
My appetite is COMPLETELY gone and everything i eat is a turn off (and i use to eat A LOT!). Things like plain crackers taste so bad to me and even coke doesnt taste appealing anymore which i guess is a good thing cause I am a coke a cola addict.
I am not sure if i should take it every second day or just keep going and see how it goes. I guess I just really badly want to sleep and hopefully i finally fall asleep tonight. If anyone can help me out in any way I would really appreciate it.
Mummy_of_2

Return to Introductions