It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Forum virgin :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum virgin :)

Postby fitfor30 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Hello!! have just come across this site while i've been searching for some motivation.

I think ive found it!! I'm going to try the 12 week Challenge..... although i have to alter dates as i am turning 30 and going on holidays in late june. So my challenge will finish on June 25.

will weigh in tomoro morning on the start date (just had burger and chips 4 dinner- oops)

I have been on my weight loss journey since July 10. Lots of ups and down, mostly a very positive experience. I enjoy exercise and gym classses now and am also doing Lite n Easy to help control my food intake.

Hoping to be fit and in good shape for my 30th Birthday and trip to New Zealand.

Sarah. :D :D
fitfor30

Re: Forum virgin :)

Postby KittyCat88 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum. I wish you the best of luck on your weightloss :) I have found this site has helped me over the last couple of days. Seeing so many inspirational stories and tips has helped.
Good luck
Cat :D
KittyCat88

Postby fitfor30 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:00 pm

thanks cat. day 1 of the challenge... am feeling very motivated!!

Good luck to you!!!! :D :D
fitfor30

Postby danmo48 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey there Sarah,

Welcome to the site and good luck with your weightloss and hope you can make it to your goals.
I am enjoying this website and the support on here is amazing.

So good luck again :-)
danmo48

Postby fitfor30 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks guys!!

Nice to know there is support there. I'm really enjoying reading the posts on the forum. I always love to hear peoples story and share my own.

Went to the gym this morn- feeling good. although am going to hide the scales today. Plan on weighing in once a week only. Mondays will be my weigh in day.

fitfor30
fitfor30

Postby KittyCat88 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Its a good idea to hide the scales. I get my partner to hide them so i dont have a sneak peak before I am meant to. Its always a good idea to set a day as your weigh-in day, and always do it at the same time when weigh-in comes around. Your weight can vary through out the day.

Good luck with the 12 week challenge, I am really excited about seeing all the great results everyone gets :D
KittyCat88

Postby fitfor30 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for the tips cat. My man should def be the one hiding the scales because i'm likely to peak!!

The 12 week challenge will be good- definately a challenge though. I am good at being motivated and positive for a certain amount of time, but it always seems to wean and i slowly get back to my old habits. although overall the past 8 months have been mostly good!! :D

What type of exercise do you do? walking? running? gym?

fitfor30
fitfor30

Postby KittyCat88 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Yeah I find I have trouble with motivation at times, but I am very lucky to have my best friend (Danmo) and I like to think we help each other with motivation :D
I also have little motivational posters around the house, it might sound silly to some but I think it helps. Ive got one that says "Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can". Doesnt work for everyone but like I said I think it helps me out :)
As for exercise Ive recently made myself kind of like a mark off chart and I have put it on the fridge. I have a couple of things that I do. Im lucky enough to have my own treadmill as I do not go to gyms. In the morning I do 30mins on the treadmill at 5.2km per hour on an incline setting, then I use the Ab Circle Pro (Im a little sceptical as to if the ab cirlce is going to work, but no harm in trying) and then once my kids are in bed I spend about 30 minutes on the wii fit doing like step-ups, the jogging games and a couple of others that help with balance.
What about yourself? Have you set any daily requirements for yourself?
KittyCat88

Postby aena » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't know if this will help. But here's one motivational quote that gets me going:

If you really want something, there will always be a way to achieve it. There will always be people, tools, knowledge, ideas and different strategies out there to help you achieve what you want, but you have to take action, don't sit there and wish for it to come to you, go out and get it...

Believe in yourself it is a very powerful force :)
aena

Postby fitfor30 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:56 pm

once again - thanks for the support and motivation tips. very grateful!!

Cat- your little ideas about setting requirements made me smile becasue I have done the same! I have actually started a sticker chart for myself!! and its on the fridge! ahahha- i'm a pre school teacher and a mum so i can see its value and thought id try it and see if it helped. still on my first week.

I get a sticker in the morn when i have a multivitan, calcium tablets and a teas poon of apple cider vinegar. (the vinegar works to boost metabolism for the day- on advice from a riends natropath)

also get stickers at the end of the day if I excercise, eat well and drink lots of water. have done reallly well this week. yay!!!

i also have a treadmill and a bike at home- i have found i get way more motivated at the gym. my son is at school too so i drop him off in the morning and head to the gym. (having a break from teaching and doing a random job- only 20 hours a week so lotsa time for fitness which is good!!)

i'm a bit worried about the coming weekends - am quite good/motivated mon-fri but weekends are bad. I often have events and it makes it hard... i do love to drink and that doesnt help!! This weekend is ok- no parties so looking forward to my monday weigh in. but 3 weekends in row after this one could prove difficult. anyhoo- thanks for reading. :D :D

How old is your baby? boy or girl?
fitfor30

Postby KittyCat88 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:55 am

Hi fitfor30.

I totally agree with you about being more motivated when your at the gym. I am just very self concious because most of the gyms here are size 8 super models complaining while exercising that they have SO much fat to burn off and it just frustraights me and makes me feel like they are having a bit of a dig at me. My "gym" at home is also my kids play room so when I go in there I chuck a movie on or some music and it helps get me pumped :D
Thats awesome that you do a like a check list, my partner thinks that Im crazy but as I said to him its out where everyone can see it and that in itself gives me motivation to go and do some exercise. I hope that you find it help as well.
I actually have two young girls, I have a 5year old who is in prep (she is a little miss know it all, lol) and an 18month old who is with me everyday. So I have to fit my exercise in while she is asleep and it is not easy (she is a very clingy kid).
Just out of curiosity how do you go with drinking water? Im finding it really hard to drink 8 glasses a day.
KittyCat88

Postby fitfor30 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:18 pm

hey cat- my gym is ladies only and luckily there is a good mix of women. def the model types but way more mums- most in their 30-40's. PHEW!! having your 'gym' in the kids play room is genius!

The water thing can be hard! probably the thing i have to consiously think about each day (as i write this i am reminded to get my drink bottle!! :D ) In the morning i fill up a big 2l bottle of water and use that to fill my usual Pump bottle... i use that all day and refill it. If i get through 2 big ones- i've done really well. It really depends on what i'm doing during the day too. Work days i just guzzle it down but some days not so good. I take it every where i go. makes me pee constantsly too!! lol
fitfor30

Return to Introductions