It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Short fat and scarred

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Short fat and scarred

Postby Miserable » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:15 pm

Last chance is this forum. I am 5ft and hugely overweight probably 130kg. Have allowed severe depression to rule my life. 12 years in an abusive relationship, now single with my ex's daughter (my stepchild) who is 16 and in mental health and our 5 year old who is recovering from post traumatic stress after an accident he and I were in 15 months ago. Desperately need to lose weight but cannot seem to find the willpower. need help
Miserable

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi Miserable, Welcome to the Team!
From the little bits you've released to us, it sounds like you've really had a rough time. We're here to help you so feel free to post your daily thoughts. Just by sharing your thoughts with us will help you unload emotional baggage and make you more able to lose weight.
Sending out prayers for you, your son and step daughter after going through all of those traumatic experiences.
We'll be with you every step of your weight loss journey
Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:51 pm

You have come to the right place..............but I refuse to call you miserable :lol:
We are a small but friendly group and we will all help you all we can
I know a lot about depression and eating I have been doing it for years
so get those fingers working on the keyboard and join us everyday
Looking forward to hearing more from you
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

THANKS

Postby Miserable » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:12 am

maybe I can do this afterall. When I was with my ex he hounded me to lose weight I went from 110kg to 60kg in 9 months. Put weight back on in 2 years and more. I think it was the only thing I could control (thought I could) since we separated I guess it was revenge, I can eat whatever I want syndrome. Unfortunately, if I keep going this way I will be dead and my little boy and stepdaughter will end up with their dad who by his own admission would make a lousy full time parent. I will talk soon

Ok well not miserable then just worried, worried for myself, my kids and our future
Miserable

Postby Maraver » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:48 am

Nice to see you back and with a more positive attitude
You can do this and do it for yourself as well as your children
I am only just starting again and I fall by the wayside alot
We are ALL here for you
Its not just about weighloss its about bringing together people with similar problems
Keep smiling our new friend
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Fairie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:54 am

Hello and Welcome,

You are going through a rough patch at the moment but you must believe it will get better. :) :)
You have taken the first step and joined us here, we are all on a weightloss journey too and have our ups and downs. It is not easy, anything worthwhile never is. Don't stay away when things get hard, log on and talk to us. :) :)

Do you think you might feel more positive with a different name, find something that will inspire you when you log on which I hope will be quite often. :)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

hi

Postby Miserable » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:41 pm

I was not really expecting much when I registered on this site. What a great bunch of people. I work part time but see noone socially spend all my time at work, home with my kids or helping my mum who is 74 and not well. My 1 friend lives in SA now so nice to make some new ones.

Talk soon
m
Miserable

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi Miserable, yes I can imagine how hectic life must be with all the washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning, shopping and on top of all that working and having to take care of your kids and mother. My mum is in her 70's and my dad is in his early 80's, it's such a worry when they become sick.

Did you manage to follow an eating plan of sorts today?

Dolly
Dolly

Hi

Postby Miserable » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:56 am

Was a little better, but still not great, But got up the courage to get on the scales was 125kg so better than 130 I guess. Today is the day. I hate being weak but my will power just evaporated after the last large loss of weight. But my kids deserve to have their mum around as long as possible. So will tell you tonight how I went. I expect this to be a 2 way street so feel free to share. I am sure everyone on this site has their own batch of hardships eh.
Thanks for giving a dam

Marg
Miserable

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:04 am

I know what you mean, my will power went AWOL in August but I manged to find it again.

Just hang in there, the more you loose the more confidence you will have. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:28 am

Welcome Marg. I think you need a more positive username. Having 'Miserable' as your tag seems very depressing and defeatist and in a few more weeks when you start losing weight and feel more at home on the forum I'm sure it won't apply anymore anyway. I think we all struggle with depression now and then, but you seem to have been through a particularly rough patch. But just think - you made it through and you have two wonderful children who love you and you deserve to be happy.
Serena

hi

Postby Miserable » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:34 pm

Tried to change the username but Cannot. Today has been a bit better. Took my boy to donut king (not a usual occurance) but he is doing so well. I KNOCKED BACK THE FREE DONUTS!!!! Probably seems stupid but it was a big deal. It would be so easy to cope by eating but it certainly does not beneift me or the kids.
thanks for all the support :)
Miserable

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:37 pm

It's not stupid and it is a big deal, you resisted well done :D :D

Winter is always so depressing but spring is here and it will be so much easier. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Miserable » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:09 pm

was a little naughty this pm but just plain forgot. Old habits die hard. but stopped straight away. Made sure my mum and my close friends/family know so they are supporting me even if they are far away. So they will encourage me!!

talk soon

changing my username will come up with something more positive!!
M
Miserable

Next

Return to Introductions