It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Short fat and scarred

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello ITS miserable reinvented.....

Postby SURVIVOR » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:20 pm

Ok so I changed my name from Miserable to Survivor. Fits actually, the car accident I mentioned was when I was putting my then 3 year old in car seat he jumped into front and knocked car out of park. I was dragged 3 metres by car then through a brick wall then dragged about 2 more before it through me off, kept going my son was thrown around car went cross the road and thru a mailbox into a house (the driveway we fell down was my ex's and its really steep). I was in high dependancy for a while and am still healing but apart from crush injuries and a severe burn from bustline to below belly I only pulled muscles NO breaks and my son was the true survivor had the brains to grab the drivers headrest as he was thrown thru and held on. No injuries. We both were diagnosed with PTS (post traumatic stress) Which has prolonged us getting better fully. BUT we are surviving. So this name well and truly suits!~.

Thank you for making me feel I can do this

Love Survivor

Postby Maraver » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:26 pm

Now I lke than name so much better
you can do this one step at a time
you have been through a lot and you have alot of healing to do

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:03 pm

Survivor, now I really like that name.
The more you talk about it the more you will heal. I've been through some bad stuff back in 1986 and 1997 and I found the more I told people about it the less traumatic it all became.

Today I've written out my shopping list for the week, it sounds healthy but I'm yet to come out of the store without the junk food.

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 pm

Well done choosing your new name. Survivor is much more fitting and more uplifting.

Guess what

Postby SURVIVOR » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:10 pm

My mum and I had a very healthy lunch! low fat salads and lean low fat meat! trying. Its hard with wanting to eat low fat and low preservative but I reckon it is so good for me, mum and for the kids. Where I work they love slogans. They used to use TEAM
which stands for Together everyone achieves more!!!

applies doesn't it

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:15 pm

Yes, I'd heard about the meaning of TEAM a long time ago but I'd forgotton it. So thank you, I'm really glad you mentioned it because I've got someone I want to share that with.

If you like, we could all move over to the discussion thread now that we've done our introductions.

Postby Fairie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:06 am

Survivor is much better :D

I too have had a couple of major car accidents and it takes awhile emotionally and physically to get over them.

You are doing well :D :D

Return to Introductions