It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 am

Free Newsletter

newbie needing support..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie needing support..

Postby fgamz89 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi I'm new here, I'm trying to lose my remaining 8 kgs from my pregnancy weight I got very depressed after baby that I just ate ate ate, I went up to 78kgs after baby, I'm 5'1'', so that's overweight.. used to weigh 48kg.. I know right, I'm 56 now and find it hard to find people in my life to support me, I'm hispanic and my family is all anti healthy diets and calorie counting, Sooo everytime I try my best they make the BEST high calorie foods its so hard to say no as my grandma cooks for us, I don't know but anyone else find this?? Family food temptation??

I need tips for this!! I really seem to just do well, lose 3 kgs then gain it overnight at their place.. I feel horrible for saying this but I really want to lose this remaining weight..
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Re: newbie needing support..

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 am

It's a tricky one, this. In general, I think you should put a higher priority on your health than people's feelings - people can get over hurt feelings pretty quickly, but you might be in for a lengthy time of stress, depression and perhaps even weight-related diseases further down the track.

Perhaps just be firm and polite, and eat only half of what's put on your plate. Explain that that you love their cooking but simply cannot eat too much of something that good.
CronicBadger

Re: newbie needing support..

Postby fgamz89 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 pm

thanks so much for replying, I actually just found out I am pregnant so I have to watch what I eat but its hard as I can only tolerate some foods atm.. I am very glad that I can eat fruits but when I try to exercise i get soooo tired within 5 minutes of my usual 45 minute workout, i try to do as much as 15 minutes but my body is changing so much its becoming very tiring to do anything, i didnt have this problem with my first but this child is making me work for it lol.
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Return to Introductions