It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie starting on Duromine

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie starting on Duromine

Postby Mummy_of_2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:45 am

Hi there everyone.. So glad I found these forums, they are so helpful.
I am 24 years old and have been prescribed duromine 40mgs. I currently weigh 80kgs and around 160cms. (OBESE BMI) I weighed 60kgs when I was 21 and then fell pregnant with my second child and let myself go. I felt so depressed with myself and my weight so i asked the doctor if i can get prescribed this drug. I am totally aware of the side effects good and bad but didn't realise it was going to be this bad. I am getting married Nov this year and desperately want to look the way I did before i piled it all on!
My friend was on duromine for a month and lost 5kgs a week! Yep, jealous!!
I have been on it for four days now and have not slept a wink. My eyes are so sore and i feel like a zombie. I am getting the dry mouth but although i hate drinking water i have been drinking 2 bottles a day. I am also going to the gym 4 times a week (for the past 2 weeks) and have a personal training session once a week. I weighed 79.80 on wednesday and today is friday and i weigh 79.30. Not much difference really considering how much pain my body is in from working out so hard.
My appetite is COMPLETELY gone and everything i eat is a turn off (and i use to eat A LOT!). Things like plain crackers taste so bad to me and even coke doesnt taste appealing anymore which i guess is a good thing cause I am a coke a cola addict.
I am not sure if i should take it every second day or just keep going and see how it goes. I guess I just really badly want to sleep and hopefully i finally fall asleep tonight. If anyone can help me out in any way I would really appreciate it.
:roll:
Mummy_of_2

Re: Newbie starting on Duromine

Postby sarahausglish » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi, I am also new to this forum and looking for new ideas and inspiration. How hard was it to get your doctor to prescribe duromine? and can you tell me a little bit about the side effects? i am a reasonably tall but also overweight 26 year old and I have tried EVERYTHING. I would really like to know more about this drug. Thanks and good luck!!
sarahausglish

Postby Mummy_of_2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi there, Well you can check your BMI online.Its easy,just put your weight and height in and if your over 30 BMI the doctor should prescribe you duromine. The side effects are diferent for everyone. Ive had Insomnia and dry mouth and constipation. And some ppl experience nothing at all or some of the other symptoms which can include;
* Trouble sleeping
* Fast palpitation
* Raised blood pressure
* Chest pain
* Depression
* Nervousness
* Fatigue
* Anxiety
* Tremor
* Headache
* Nausea
* Dizziness
* Diarrhea
* Constipation

I have read through tonnes of forums and read heaps of information on it and it is easy to find if you google it. Its all the same stuff but everyone has there own experiences. I guess its just a try it and see type of drug. Let me no how u go!
Mummy_of_2

Postby sarahausglish » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi there, just wonderin how your journey on Duromine is going? I am going to the doctor tomorrow to try and get some.
sarahausglish

Postby babyfat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:50 am

hi guys,

i am also considering taking duromine ...although i was on it for two months and lost a total of 10kg ...yesterday i put myself on xenical ..but been reading that duromine and xenical works very well together ....

any thoughts ?

also, why is it so hard for doctors to prescribe durmine ! my Dr said i have to get a blood test done every month before she can prescribe the next month supply of duromine ...has anyone gone through the same thing ? if not, any recommendation on an " easy" doctor in melbourne that can give me duromine without any trouble

cheers guys and good luck all :)
:D
babyfat

Return to Introductions