It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Free Newsletter

another bewilddered newcomer

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

another bewilddered newcomer

Postby sarahausglish » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi there
I am a 26 year old girl. I am constantly watching/ trying to lose my weight. I have tried diets, exercise, green coffee, hypoxy therapy, diet pills and nothing seems to be consistant. I lost 12 Kg on the diet pill reductil but now thats no longer available I struggle to find a reliable appetite suppresent. I am a gym member and try to work out 3-5 times a week. I just find that I have to absolutely eat the bare minimum to get any kind of results. My BMI is 25 so only just in the overweight range I would like to loose 8-10 kilos and I would be in the healthy weight range. I try to eat healthily during the week but struggle over the weekend. My boyfriend is tall and has a stupid 'boy' meabolism that means he can eat like a pig and never gain a kilo. Having said that he is VERY supportive, it just makes me jealous as he doesnt have to worry and we cant share meals!
I am hoping to learn new ideas, methods and tips from this forum. I hve some questions and I hope I can be of some help to others too.
My current stats are
Height 177cm
Weight 77Kg
Goal Weight 68Kg

If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice I would greatly appreciate it!!

Re: another bewilddered newcomer

Postby SamiG » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Sarah!

Welcome! and good luck on your W/L Journey :D
I have a fiance who is very much like your b/f, who has this amazing metabolism! :x He is also wanting to 'bulk' up and was told to eat more! :x which means we have more food around the house and he is eating more meals in-fornt of me :roll: It makes temptation for me difficult! But i try to tell myself i am a stronger person if i can stop myself indulging, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
With struggling on the weekend, perhaps try to identify what causes you to struggle and then see how you can change that trigger, it may be boredom, time management, temptation or similar. Once you identify it may be easier to manage, also try to convince yourself failing your diet on w/e's un-does all your weeks hard work :wink:

I want to like myself again!

Re: another bewilddered newcomer

Postby sarahausglish » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Sami, thanks for your response and your ideas. After another 3 weeks of healthy eating and gym work outs I am still not shifting anything plus i am hungry ALL the time. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can convince her to start me on Duromine. I am really nervous because My doctor is not the sort of person to give out drugs willy nilly (even though she knows me well) and i am worried she might say no. But I am now convinced I need extra help working on my food intake. My BMI is in the unhealthy weight range so hopefully I will be able to get something to help kick start the process. We will see!!
Thanks again

Return to Introductions