It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Room for one more?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Room for one more?

Postby Pepper » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:13 am

Hi everyone,

I just found this forum a few days ago and have been reading madly ever since. You all seem so lovely, I just had to come and ask if I could join and be a part of this wonderful crowd.

Yes, I too have been battling my weight, and alot of weight it is to battle I might add with a staggering 68kg to lose! :oops: :cry: I don't know why I ever allowed things to get so bad, all I know is, I have had years of yo-yo and fad diets, weight fluctuations and finally, I've reached this point! In the land of the "obese" morbidly obese in fact! And what's worse, totally unfit!

I am so bad, not having exercised in years, that even walking to my letterbox has me exhausted! Yes, you read it right my letterbox! :oops:

But not any more......

I purchased a new treadmill on the weekend, and am waiting for it to be delivered any day now. I know it will be tough, and I probably won't be able to do much more than 2 minutes at a time (that is all I could handle last year when I got on a friend's one).

I guess what I am hoping by joining this forum, is a chance to read and be inspired by others, and so far, what little I have read here, you are all so great you've actually motivated me to try even harder this time! So hello to you all, and a big thank you. :D
Pepper

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 am

Hi there pepper :) welcome to the group :) feel free to join in the threads and challenges and weigh ins. get yourself a funky ticker to keep you inspired too :) its a big step to take to decide to do something about your weight. so kudos to you. i had never tried any diets or weightloss programs before i started losing this weight but i would say every so often on a sunday 'ah well ill start first thing monday morning' and i never did. this time it was like something clicked in my head and i thought 'got to do something now, not in an hour from now, or tomorrow- NOW'! so best wishes to you Pepper and hope you enjoy the forum :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 am

Hey there pepper, well done for making the decision to loose weight.
Take it from someone who knows exactly where you are coming from with the exercise,once you start it can only get easier.
I started out about 6 months ago and I could get to the corner on a walk and want to turn back. Then I got around the block then a bit further then a bit more. Now I am exercising 3 x a week, at the fitness centre , 2 X swimming for an hour and walking 2 hours a week as well.

The important thing is that you are willing to start,and with the fantastic motivation and support you can get from this forum you will get there. One day at a time 8)

You've made the hardest step of commiting to your new lifestyle, well done..... 8) 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:11 am

Hey Pepper!

Well done on your decision to lose weight and get healthy!

Welcome aboard. :D

Don't worry about being unfit, we all have to start somewhere! Maybe you could start with doing 2 minutes on the treadmill, maybe 2-3 times a day (not sure when are the best times for you, maybe morning afternoon and evening?), and then after a week, step it up to 3 minutes, and then the next week, try 4, and that kind of thing. Before you know it you will be able to do 30 minutes of exercise a day, and you can keep building from there!

Push yourself, but not TOO hard - don't want you having a heart attack or anything! The best thing to aim for is to be puffed, but still able to hold a conversation (albeit in short word bursts). If you get to the point where you couldn't speak at all, and you're getting dizzy and sick, SLOW DOWN!

Being healthy isn't a race, it's a way of life, and if it takes you a couple of years to get there, so be it, just know that each day that goes by you are healthier than the last!

Good luck with it all Pepper, feel free to join in conversations whereever you like, maybe even post photos up in our Before, During and After section if you are feeling brave!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:41 am

ive heard of heaps of women that start of by just walking around their backyard and clothes line half a dozen times and then increased it before actually hitting the pavements. :D it worked for them!!! ive used my backyard for exercise before by using gnomes for weights and ive set out like an obstacle course for walking. its fun :) (oh and heidi gets out for a play in the sunshine too!)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:41 am

Hello Pepper and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your decision and for the steps you are already taking. Treadmills can be a lot of fun and Mandie has given some excellent advice on how to progress slowly but steadily.

There is always plenty of support and encouragement to be found here so sing out if you have any questions or need help and it's a pretty busy forum so there is usually somebody about or not far away if you get stuck with anything.

Don't forget to check out the home page as there is heaps of info, tools, tips and articles that can help too.

Glad to have you with us and I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:42 am

Image Pepper and welcome to the forum... Congratulations on choosing to become fitter and healthier.. You will find plenty of support and encouragement and a kick up the bum if you need it!! (Dolly has this boot that puts the fear of staying on track a top priority!!! LOL) The challenges are a great motivator and you are more than welcome to pop in on any of them. We have monthly challenges and a 12 week one ( a new one of those will be starting soon!!) There is a weekly weigh in as well...just feel free to jump in where ever you like.......OH and one more thing...we are more than delighted to have you onboard!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi pepper and welcome to thr forums
Feel free to join in on any topic. hope to see you around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Thank you all so much

Postby Pepper » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:10 pm

Thanks everyone,

For making me feel so welcomed. :D

Losing weight is definitely a challenge (of which I plan to join in with you) but it's worth every bit of effort not only improving your looks, health and self esteem, but in building character! :wink:

I know I can do it; I've done it before, many years ago dropping 60kg in just under a year. I don't plan on losing it quite so quickly this time, and am aiming for smaller losses over a longer period of time this time round.

Thank you all for your support; I really do appreciate it, and hope that I can be as uplifting to your spirits as you each have been to me. :D
Pepper

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Wow Pepper 60 kg is a fantastic effort. I know you can loose the amount you want to again. You'll definetly will get the support and motivation you need form this forum for sure.... :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dolly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi Pepper, welcome to the forum.
That's really great that you managed once before to lose 60kg.
Dolly

Postby Pepper » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 pm

Thank you all (again)

For those of you I missed; you are a fantastic support strength that I know will help anyone who cares to draw from your invaluable words of encouragement. :D
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 pm

Image Pepper there is always room for one more. :D

You have done it once so I'm sure you can do it again and this time you will have the support of everyone here.

All the best with your weightloss journey and look forward to getting to know you. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi there Pepper...... OF COURSE THERE'S ROOM FOR 1 MORE! So, welcome to the forum!!! The more the merrier I say and that means even more wonderful support for each other.

Set yourself mini goals if that helps, instead of looking at the entire amount of weight you want to lose. Great job on the pruchase of a treadmill! Who cares if you can manage 2 mins to begin with!!!! The next week, aim for 2.5 or even 3 mins! Build up gardually and you'll definitely see an improvement in your fitness and exercise capabilities.

Best wishes and see you around the forum.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Return to Introductions