It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Free Newsletter

New here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here!

Postby new me7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 am

hi i've just joined :D
just thought I'd say hi

I'm here because I've let myself go and would like to get healthy and not feel bad about my reflection.
I've always been a bit on the heavy side of normal, but over the last couple of years I've gradually become just plain heavy! I've had 3 kids and have never recovered from any of the pregnancies, just got heavier and wobblier with each one. Now I've had baby number 3 I would like to make my body/health a priority. I've never been good at sport so I've always avoided exercise. And I've gotten some very bad eating habits. I live a busy lifestyle and so does my husband and juggling kids as well, things get out of hand, before we know it we're getting takeaway a few times a week and just going for quick fix meals the rest of the time. We need to change, for the good of our family- I don't want my kids growing up like this.

I'm not even sure how much I weigh, I'm too scared to get on the scales but my heaviest pregnancy weight was 96kg which was about a month ago. That is 20kg heavier that my heaviest weight for my last pregnancy. I put on so much with this bubba! I wouldn't be surprised if I'm that weight or even heavier because I have not curbed my bad eating habits since giving birth. I'm 171 cm tall. 25 years old.
For once I would like to look my age, just because I've had 3 kids doesn't mean I have to surrender my body to being a fat frumpy mamma. I still want to go out with friends and wear fashionable clothing and do other things that people my age do. My husband is in the same boat as me.

At the moment we are currently making a plan of attack - we want to tackle this the right way. We are looking at buying some simple home gym equipment and planning our exercise routines and meals in advance. We are thinking of entering a weight loss challenge to give us that extra bit of motivation and accountability. We are also making a promise to eachother to help eachother out as much as possible with the children, so we each get our workouts done each day and prepare our food. So if we each have to get the kids out of the house so the other person can do their workout, then so be it. I think I'm going to give the workouts on bodyrock.tv a try, they are short high intensity workouts and free online with lots of good feedback. (anyone here done them?) They might kill me though :lol: but they are appealing because they are short and I though I could work in some walking/jogging/biking as well when I have time.

I don't know what my goal is yet. I think it will be around 60-65kg. But I don't like to focus on a number, it is just a number hey! I've been 65kg before (when I was 16! :lol: ) and I hated my body then. My main goal is to be happy and healthy and fit and toned and feel good about myself and enjoy life :D
new me7

Re: New here!

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:51 am

Hi New me7

Plans are good. You have one. That's even better! :-)
Losing weight takes time, and it's more successful when habits and lifestyle are changed with the long-term in mind. An easy, effective thing to do in the short-term is to ditch the take-away meals and instead plan home-cooked meals with an emphasis on high fibre, low fat, low sugar. Having food discipline is important and is a good habit to learn right at the beginning of a weight-loss effort.

Enjoy the Challenges!
CronicBadger

Re: New here!

Postby Mekolum » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello everyone...!
I am new to the forum...Just saying hi to everyone....I am happy to join this community...Nice to meet you...Have a good day...!
Mekolum
Mekolum

Return to Introductions