It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby yvettelouise01 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:28 am

Hi All,

I am part way through my weight loss having lost 20 kilos already. Really wanted to find a place for help and suggestions. I have an endocrine disorder related to my hormones which is how the weight went on in the first place. No matter what I did my efforts did very little to change my body or my health. Being 40 and entering peri-menopause has helped me out a great deal and weight just started to move on its own. I needed little encouragement to help see it on its way, screaming joyfully, 'dont let the door hit you in the arse on your way out'. For the first time in 20 years, my efforts are being rewarded, yay for me!! It is stuck right now and I am about to give it some really fun dancing to give it a kick, hoping all that jiggling will dislodge whatever has plugged up the drain lol

Despite being a bit girl however, I have never suffered with body hate, I would prefer to be that skinny girl that people look at and say, 'for god sake, eat something', but my weight was not my doing, so no guilt and no self hate. Always felt sexy and attractive, just a larger version. Soooo looking forward to being that other girl though, but ultimately for me it is up to my body, so, right now cautiously optimistic is me!

Re: Introduction

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:00 am

Hi Yvette

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to help get motivated and educated. Congrats on that initial 20 kgs. It's always a great feeling to reach such a milestone. Do you have a schedule for the next phase of weight-loss?

Return to Introductions