It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Newcomer on a mission

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newcomer on a mission

Postby sezzac » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 am

Hi there people,

I am on a mission to succeed in making a healthier, more balanced lifestyle for myself. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and have fluctuated up and down too many times to count. I am tired of constantly thinking about diets, and obsessing over every little thing I eat until I end up binging on junk food. This has been my lifestyle for far too long now and I am here to make a real, lasting change.

I had originally started my weight loss journey weighing in at about 78kg, and for a 24 year old woman that only stands at about 160cms, I was extremely unhealthy and unhappy. A few months later I am sitting at 68.9kgs, substantially lighter but my motivation to keep at it has been lacking more and more. I suffer from depression and anxiety, and so I really need help getting that extra incentive to keep at it sometimes, because my lows are not lows that I can seem to pick myself up out of so easily. Hence why I am here. To find some like-minded people to lean on and lend a hand to.

I really just want to reach my goal weight, try to change my bad habits and the way I think about food. I have ALWAYS used food as a crutch, a sort of therapy and friend if you like. If something went wrong, I ate. If I wanted to relax, I ate. Jeez, even if I was happy I ate! Food for me is something I hide behind, and plain and simply... I don't want to do that anymore.

My frame is quite petite and ideally would like to get down to around 55-58kgs.

So here starts the next phase of my journey, to a healthier, happier me!
sezzac

Re: Newcomer on a mission

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi Sezzac

A person with poor eating habits is similar to one with alcoholism - she has to admit to herself she has a problem in order to start addressing it. :-)

Check out the diet and lifestyle articles on the website attached to the forum, there are some great ones in there well worth a read. Perhaps you could aid your motivation by regularly posting in the Personal Progress section.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions