It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby kendra! » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 pm

I have found this site to be quite warm and open in respect of weight loss. It is what gave me the confidence to join such a forum as I need some support in this weight loss process.

I am a 25 year old woman.

I currently weigh 93 kgs (down from 102 kgs 2 months ago).

I have implemented a new nutrition and exercise plan, which I have self devised.

My intial target weight is 80kgs and then I will reassess.

I have been prescribed Duromine to help the process. Duromine in my opinion isn't the solution but a kick start that I need.

If possible, could you please advise me on the following:
1) How do I set realistic goals?
2) How much weight per week (using Duromine) would be a realistic weight loss?

I thank you all for reading this! Nice to meet you all.

K.
kendra!

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Kendra

Plans are a great help in losing weight so it is good to see you've taken the initiative.

Goals tend to be set according to what the motivations are for individuals. I tend to be encouraged by short-term successes so have preferred short-term goals with small rewards, such as "I won't eat any bread today" and will celebrate tonight with a glass or two of good wine if I reach that goal."

There is an article in, IIRC the Diet section, about goals and motivation on the main website attached to this forum.

People using Duromine (there are a couple of Duromine-related threads in the forum) have often mentioned that they experience weight-loss of more than one or two Kg per week for the first few weeks before it tails off to a sustainable level. However, it's not used as thermogenic diet drug, but is just an amphetamine-like substance that, as you said, helps kickstart a person's motivation and energy levels. It is still the standard body processes that are actually driving the weight-loss.

On average over a long period, 0.5 to 1 Kg per week is the published medically acceptable rate of weight-loss. At the end of the day, it's just a matter of being in it for the long haul and making more good than bad decisions about exercise and food.

There are things you can do here in the forum to help you along - such as keep a public progress diary and join in the challenges. It's all to do with motivation and focus.
CronicBadger

Postby kendra! » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Thank you for your kind response.

Do you think setting a goal of 2 kg per week is too ambitious (using Duromine).

The thing in respect of my goals is that I want them to be realistic but at the same involve some challenge so I dont rest on my laurels if say I set 1kg loss per week and get a loss of 2kg and then slack off.

What do you think would be a realistic timeframe to lose 13kg starting at 93kg....I was losing 1-2 kg per week from 102kg to 93kg over 2 months.

Thanks in advance pseudo weight loss coaches :wink:
K
kendra!

Postby kendra! » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Sorry....a realistic timeframe to lose 16kg (using Duromine).

Many thanks
K
kendra!

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:03 am

I don't know enough about Duromine to speak with authority. Hopefully some of the other members can impart some wisdom gained from experience.

One thought: the effect of the drug will lessen over time so it might be a good idea to use the extra energy and drive to build up some solid lifestyle habits in addition to losing weight, since those habits are what will sustain your weight-loss long after the Duromine prescription runs out. In other words, it may be more beneficial to develop good lifestyle habits as your primary goal, rather than just weight-loss.

Exercise regularly and eat healthily, then you can treat the gradual reduction of yourself to a healthy size as simply a natural side-effect of all your good healthy habits.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions