It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

My weight loss experience

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My weight loss experience

Postby janekoke » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi am new on here and have been struggling with my weight for years. I come from a family of gorgeous looking supermodel women and my dad was in the military and so is superfit even at 60. Everyone but me, and my family never let me forget it. As ive come into my own ive decided to try and lose the weight not for them but for me. I started on a diet program earlier in the year and lost 8kgs in 1 month! But that was all killed by the fact that i chose that same time to quit smoking, which meant eating my little heart out.
So as a result not only have i regained the 8kgs but added an extra 4 on top :-( I recently had to go see the doctor because i havent got my periods in 4 months (and no am not pregnant). To my great shock and dismay i found out that the lack of periods, aching back and sides, headaches and a myriad of other health problems are all being caused by my weight.
So time to take the horse by the reigns again. My doctor has prescribed Duromine 30mg for me, just to get me going considering my BMI is 40.6...thats morbidly obese:-( Ive stocked my fridge with healthy stuff, no junk, and even bought an xbox with kinect and the you shape game as a source of exercise (cause i hate to exercise and am too shy to go out jogging, scared that people will laugh at my fat ass...:-)
Anywho, am thinking keeping this blog will help me keep on track and if i can encourage someone else in the process that eill be heaps cool.
So starting wieght 94.4 kgs :-(, with a final target 0f 52 kgs...but am hoping to start with getting to 70 by my graduation in December.
Any feedback or moral support or someone who wants to be a weight loss buddy will be very welcome.
Jasmine :-)
janekoke

Re: My weight loss experience

Postby janekoke » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:12 pm

*Update: 3 days later and 2.8 kg shed! The Duromine does work and the only side effects i have experienced is interrupted sleep patterns but those are normalizing as I learn to wake up an hour or 2 earlier, take the pill and go back to sleep. Haven't had too much exercise but have every intention of fixing that. Eating healthy is not that bad...just have to be a little creative, you would be surprised what you like. Last night i made a delicious pizza that only had 100 calories....woohoo
janekoke

Postby babyfat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Jasmine,

Congratulations on your great progress and well done for your great determination ...am also been prescribed duromine and a lost a total of 10kg but got sick and decided to stop taking it ...but since i made this decision my weight has not shifted so looks like i need to go back on duromine for a bigger kick start...i have 25kg to lose ....

are you in melbourne ? if so, do you have a good recommendation of a doctor that can prescribe duromine without lots of fuss ..the last doctor that i saw wants me to have blood test done every month i am due for a new dose of duromine

good luck with your journey and keep us posted on how u go ....

:mrgreen:
babyfat

Postby janekoke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:14 am

babyfat wrote:Hi Jasmine,

Congratulations on your great progress and well done for your great determination ...am also been prescribed duromine and a lost a total of 10kg but got sick and decided to stop taking it ...but since i made this decision my weight has not shifted so looks like i need to go back on duromine for a bigger kick start...i have 25kg to lose ....

are you in melbourne ? if so, do you have a good recommendation of a doctor that can prescribe duromine without lots of fuss ..the last doctor that i saw wants me to have blood test done every month i am due for a new dose of duromine

good luck with your journey and keep us posted on how u go ....

:mrgreen:

Hey,
Unfortunately am in Adelaide and not Melbourne. I don't understand why there are doctors making such a big deal about prescribing something that is such a great help, my Doctor did not give me any trouble whatsoever, and she prescribed a 3 month dose at which point i think i will be ready to go on without it. Maybe you can look around for another GP and if that doesnt work take a road trip to Adelaide :-)

Jazz
janekoke

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Regarding the tight control over Duromine, there are several good reasons.

Duromine is highly addictive. Doctors try not to create new drug addicts - although it may be good for repeat business it can result in expensive legal issues for them.
Duromine is a chemical relative to amphetamines.
There are bad side effects for some people.

Read the first post in the following thread:
http://weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=14268
CronicBadger

Postby janekoke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 pm

CronicBadger wrote:Regarding the tight control over Duromine, there are several good reasons.

Duromine is highly addictive. Doctors try not to create new drug addicts - although it may be good for repeat business it can result in expensive legal issues for them.
Duromine is a chemical relative to amphetamines.
There are bad side effects for some people.

Read the first post in the following thread:
http://weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=14268

I understand all this and that it is addictive, but so is food for me, its an addiction that Duromine is helping me to break. I am not saying that its the best solution for everybody but i believe that everybody deserves a chance to turn their life around. I think Doctor's need to have a little bit more faith in human beings.
janekoke

Postby janekoke » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Time for an update...its been a month now and ive lost 8 kgs....woohoo...ill admit i have done no exercise whatsoever, my job and uni keeps me so busy i just crush when i get home. Ive been eating pretty healthy, apart for when my best friend is over at my place...she always brings croissants and chocolates and wants to go to desert shops...and who can resist a good desert shop. The Duromine has become a part of my daily routine now and i feel no side effects, and helps me keep hunger at bay...only problem now is that for a person who used to love water (i could drink upto 20 glasses a day), i cant stand the taste of water now and have to force myself to drink it...Its just weird....Anywho, i have my goals in sight and as much as i have the occasional hiccup now and then, i think this time round the bulge is going to go away and stay gone :-)
janekoke

Postby Teeny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm just new to this forum and have been researching a lot about Duromine. I've tried so many different types of diets and just cannot seem to lose the weight. It is really affecting my self-confidence, i no longer want to go out with friends and im not confident enough to do a heap of things that i actually would love to do. I feel like i'm not living my life as i should be at 26. I've struggled with my weight for the past 10 years, and am currently 160cm and 106kgs. I know this is quite obese, which is why i went to my doctor to ask if i could try duromine to see it it will work for me. It took a lot of courage to finally head in and ask for help, and my doctor flat out refused, just telling me to eat well and exercise, and that she would never prescribe weightloss pill to anyone. That really upset me as that is exactly what i have been doing and it just doesn't seem to work for me. I just want to use duromine to kick-start my journey, in conjunction with continued exercise and healthy eating.

Does anybody know of a doctor/clinic in Adelaide (northern suburbs) that is open to prescribing duromine, without making you feel ashamed and like your doing the wrong thing? I feel like i meet all the requirements and just want to give it a go.

If you anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it.
Teeny

Return to Introductions