It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

Another newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another newbie!

Postby scarlette » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have been surfing around this website all afternoon and im so glad to see that I'm not the only one with the weight battle on my hands! I've been so inspired by the messages of support and wisdom that have been posted on here that I thought that, by joining up, it would be the perfect way to start my journey towards a healtheir lifestyle.

I'm an 18 year old who has been dieting on and off since the age off 11. I'm quite active and played sport all through childhood, but stopped when I got to the TEE (uni entrance) years of high school. My biggest problem is that I can either keep up an exercise regime or a diet, but neither for a long period of time (less than a fortnight) and never both at the same time! I hope to change that.

I had a physical last week and all my stats came back within the acceptable range (besides weight), so I must admit that the motivation for trying to lose weight is born purely from vanity, but I'm sure that many of you can attest that this is one of the most powerful persuasors of all!

My goal is to try and get from 69 to 59 kgs/drop down to size 8-10 by May 2007 and any hints or tips that could help me reach that goal from fellow users would be most appreciated!

It is an honour to be among such company.

My life begins now.

Scarlette
xoxo
~Because the night belongs to Us~

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
scarlette

Hi Scarlette

Postby fiona » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi there Scarlette
GO GIRL, great attitude. You will find heaps of advice, support, encouragement and positive feedback on this forum. Everyone is on the same wagon as you, so please feel free to check out all the great stuff on here.
I'm down to 64 now and only need to lose another 6 kilos. Its real tough :!: Hear from you soon. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Hello Scarlette and welcome to the forum!! It is lovely to have you onboard!! I hope that you enjoy finding your way around the boards and feel free to join in any challenges that you would like to!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:12 pm

good on you for making that decision scarlette.

First of all - it's fantastic that you are so healthy in every other area. I know your main motivation to lose weight might be looks, but think about how you are protecting that good health for the future!

Jump in on any of the discussions, post pics, stories, whatever you need, We'll help you out however you can!

Good luck!
Mandie

Postby Dolly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi Scarlette, welcome to the forum.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 am

Hello Scarlette and welcome to the forum.

Great to have you with us and well done for wanting a healthier future and making the decision to get there.

Your goals and timeframe are realistic and with commitment you should get to your goal no problem. You may even find beginning some form of exercise and cleaning up your eating habits may be all you need to begin the weight loss. Try to find some form of exercise you enjoy so you will stick with it and do it regularly. Clean up junk from your diet and look into low fat or reduced fat alternatives to lower your fat intake if it is too high. Drink plenty of water. These are just a few basic suggestions but the home page has lots of information and tools to help you on your way.

Sing out if you have any questions and best of luck on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:50 am

Hi there scarlette Image

welcome to the group :) sorry to hear you have been dieting since 11. its good not to think of it as dieting - you should think of it as positive changes for your life :D feel free to browse around the forum and homepage for tips and ideas etc. i think you have set a good time frame to lose that weight and with dedication you will get there. best wises
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:14 am

HI scarlette and welcome to the forums . These are a great bunch og people who give heaps of suppport and encouragement
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby slimmindown » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:29 am

Scarlette, welcome aboard. good to see you are doing something about your weight while you are young, I waited till 35 and wish I had of been more dedicated earlier.

I'm sure you will have great success and be at your goal by May next year. look forward to seeing your success.

Dont forget to drink that water, it really makes a difference :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby scarlette » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:50 pm

thankyou very much for all of the gorgeous comments you all have left... It is wonderful to know I'm not alone!

Liebe und Licht

Scarlette
xoxox
~Because the night belongs to Us~

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
scarlette

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Hello Scarlette, welcome to the forum. :)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:43 pm

Scarlette, a HUGE welcome to the forum....thank you for chosing us to help you through your weightloss journey. Best of luck.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Jenni » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:12 pm

Good on you Scarlette. I am also quite young and have struggled since I was mid teens. I was actually not so big back then but to me I was huge. Its great to see that you are fixing this now, instead of in 10 years time when your double the size. Its also great that you have the fitness level there to help you.

Good luck with everything!

Jen
Jenni

Return to Introductions