It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, I'm new...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I'm new...

Postby Emile » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey guys!
I just wanted to introduce myself and share my goals with you... hoping that I'll find support in this forum.
I'm 168cm tall and weigh 75kg. That's obviously too much and I feel exhaustd pretty fast (after climbing up one stair, e.g.). This is why I want to do some exercising and start a well-balanced nutrition. Bur without anyone 'controlling' me and seeing my effort, I don't think I will stand this for a long time! So, I hope that I'll find some support - in return, I hope that I'll be a very good supporter as well :-)
Greets, Emile
Emile

Re: Hi, I'm new...

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 pm

I know how you feel - tired and puffed out with just one flight of stairs, running less than a block before gasping with exhaustion. I used to be like that until I decided that "enough was enough" and learned about exercise and nutrition. It may seem hard work and boring at first, but the resulting good health is well worth the initial effort.

One thing that might help you is to write in the Personal Progress or Personal Pledges section your short-term goal (eg "for the next seven days I will jog around the block") and on the eighth day announce whether you succeeded or not. Those sorts of promises, as long as they are realistic, can help spur a person on to achieve their goals.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions