It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie Alert :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Alert :)

Postby Linana » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 am

Hello everyone.

I'm Yana and I'm 23 this year.

I've been struggling with my weight since I was very young and being the only BIG one in the family, I used to question myself whether I even belong to my family, in the first place.

My relatives, especially my uncle used to love teasing me when I was much younger until I start to distant myself away from them.

Even with my sisters, it's hard to not being able to share clothes with them or even going shopping with them as it's very hard to get any decent looking clothes in my size and that is why I am usually at home.

I've been trying all sorts of diets and even starving myself. but none of them seems to work. Even if they do, i'll gain back the weight in a few months time.

So here I am, desperately looking for a solution and hopefully, this forum here will give me the motivation and support that I need.
Linana

Re: Newbie Alert :)

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 am

Hi Yana

Diets and starvation don't work very well for long-term weight-loss. Although everybody is different, it is generally considered that to lose weight and keep it off requires long-term changes to lifestyle. "Long-term" as in "for the rest of your life". It can be difficult, but it has to be done.

So, welcome to the weight-loss forum. Read the articles, join in the challenges, keep a regular diary. It's all there to use to maintain focus and motivation and momentum. See you around.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions