It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Intro - I have just begun my journey

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Intro - I have just begun my journey

Postby Pauly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi all,

Quick intro as I have registered and intend to become active on this forum.
I have just started my weight loss journey, and am 100% committed and intend not to deviate until I achieve my goals.
Last Friday's stats were : Height 164 cm, Weight 113.2kg.
Obviously I haven't grown since then, but have managed to lose exactly 5kgs in 7 days.
I am drinking 4 L of water every day, eating 5 meals of meat and veg at 3 hour intervals in descending volumes. Fish always in last 2 meals.
I eat 40g of mixed nuts (brazil, pistachio, almond and walnuts) per day, have hcl, fish oil and multi-vitamin supplements.
In terms of exercise, I am doing 45 mins of cardio, 15 mins of power plate and 30 mins of weight training 6 days per week (late evenings).

Any feedback, suggestions, comments etc welcome. I am only just establishing my patterns, so the feedback coming in now would be most valuable. Will power is not the issue (I am an all/nothing person) and I have done this once before and lost 20kg in 3 months in order to win a bet. I am now doing it for my future health, despite all indications being that I am otherwise healthy. My cholesterol is actually lower than normal, my blood pressure and sugars perfect etc, and I am large framed (as per wrist and ankle measurements, as well as visual assessment). I do not have joint issues, and while I am not super fit as I was as a kid & teenager, my weight disguises disproportionate underlying muscle mass. I build muscle very quickly, am cautious not to use overly heavy weights and am going to focus on waist cm as much as kg to determine my success (visceral fat came in the last 5 years).

Thanks, wish me luck, and please give me any ideas or feedback you can. I am determined to stick this out and am being completely unemotional about it, so just want to ensure my routine is balanced and appropriate.
Pauly

Re: Intro - I have just begun my journey

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Pauly, welcome to the weight-loss forum.

The only thing I can think of that may be of some help is that you should take advantage of your initial enthusiasm and momentum to build up good habits. Stick to them religiously. After a few months if/when you begin to slide a bit the new habits should help stop or slow any damage and make it easier to get back on the wagon.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions