It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Free Newsletter

HI THERE - I'M NEW!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI THERE - I'M NEW!

Postby JayCarter » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:23 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Jay and I'm a 27 year old mum of one. I put on a lot of my weight when I was pregnant with my son and I haven't managed to lose much of it (even though he's now 8 lol). I've always been big and at my heaviest I was around 125kg. I went to Weight Watchers for a few months and managed to get down to 100kg but since I stopped going I put a few kilos back on :?
I'm currently 112kg and my goal for now is to get to below the 100kg mark by December (that's when I graduate from uni), but I eventually want to get down to 70kg.
I don't eat a lot of 'junk' but my portion sizes, until recently, were waaay to big (I was eating the same - if not more - as my husband!) and I wasn't doing any kind of exercise. I've now cut down my portion sizes and I either take our horse of a dog on a once daily hour-long beach walk or I work out on my elliptical trainer for 30-40 minutes. I'm also doing a light weights session 3-4 days a week.
I would love to hear from people who have similar experiences to mine, although any feedback and advice is most welcome!

Jay :D
Just keep swimming
JayCarter

Re: HI THERE - I'M NEW!

Postby Xcastle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey there, Jay!

Great to see you here, it's always exciting to start a new chapter in life. I am very much in the same boat as you, everyone has a reason for putting the weight on, but it seems to be alot harder to come up with a reason to get rid of it! But with perseverance and faith in yourself it'll come off!

I'm definately no expert, just starting my journey off this week, but i wish you the best of luck and i am looking forward to reading our experiences

Blake :D
IF IT WERE NOT POSSIBLE, THE MIND WOULD NOT HAVE IMAGINED IT!!!

C.W. 118.5kg
G.W.90.0kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwwf23Y/]
[/url]
Xcastle

Re: HI THERE - I'M NEW!

Postby Losing2day » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Jay,

I have a similar story to you, although I am 40 and a mother of 3.

I rejoined weight watchers 2 years ago and lost over 20kg, still had more to go but lost motivation and have now piled it back on. I did try weight watchers online a few months ago but actually gained weight on pro-points :roll: I guess eating several kilograms of fruit a day wasn't part of the plan!

So here I am, weighing just over 106kg. Terribly unfit and making a last ditch effort to get my eating and weight under some sort of control. I look forward to sharing my journey with you and others on this forum. Basically going to restrict calories and fat and exercise daily. I've done the protein diets and while I lost weight quickly, I also gained quickly.

All the best,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1rsNkL/]
[/url]
Losing2day

Return to Introductions