It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Free Newsletter

New to :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to :)

Postby LadyT » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi boys and girls!

Stumbled across the site whilst looking for recipes and liked it so much ive decided to join!

I am a week away from turning 26 and currently about 135kgs. Ive struggled all my life with my weight, being eating the wrong foods and just eating too much!

My lowest point was going to movieworld here in QLD with a bunch of friends and being asked to get off the ride as the safety bar wouldnt fit around me.

I am now a mother of 2 beautiful boys and know I need to finally pull my finger out so they dont have to miss out on life because of me.

The last 2 weeks ive been doing aqua aerobics twice a week and walking with the boys most afternoons, combining that with a better diet I have noticed a change already and the numbers dropping (3kg in 12 days!)

So here we go~! Ive enjoyed reading some of your stories and it helps motivate me knowing were all in the same boat and have a long way to go.

Re: New to :)

Postby Losing2day » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Lady,

I have started on this forum today also, after a few hiccups getting logged on.

I am 40 years old, have 3 children and weigh 106.4kg this morning. I was an overweight child/adolescent and now adult. I have had periods of being a normal weight but revert back to shocking eating habits. Not this time!!

I am starting my healthy eating plan today and would love to join you on your journey. I need some inspiration! My plan is to put away $80 a week (or so) and if in 12 months my weight remains elevated I will consider gastric banding (don't have private health insurance). However, I am commiting to this so instead will be able to use the money for a family holiday or clothes which don't consist of trackie pants and too tight meant to be loose jumpers.

See ya around!
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

Return to Introductions