It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Want to change my habbits/weight as I approach my 30's!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Want to change my habbits/weight as I approach my 30's!

Postby peargirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I am a 29 year old woman with a pear shape body.
It is difficult to achieve desired results with this shape. For example I am a relatively lean size 10-12 on top (I'd be happy to flatten my stomach a little but wouldn't mind if it stayed the same either). On the bottom I am a generous 14, however pants and skirts rarely fit well as my stomach and waist are 2 sizes smaller! Its a nightmare shopping for clothing.
Therefore I only want to loose weight from the bottom but realize this is not how weight loss works. I have had breast augmentation in the aim to 'balance' things out. It didn't make a huge difference but definately has helped and I'm very glad I did it as my overall body image has improved.
I am a tall girl- close to 5 foot 10 and I weigh 75.5 kilos having lost 2 kilos already (so not a big girl)
I would like to be an average Aussie size 12 in pants. Thats my ideal goal. When I loose weight it comes from my top half first so I think I would need to loose around 10 kilos so that it would have reached my thighs!
Its going to be extra hard work for me but Im ok with that. Im realistic and I know that I cant change my shape. But I can be a smaller, firmer version of it and thats my aim.
peargirl

Re: Want to change my habbits/weight as I approach my 30's!

Postby Slimming to multiply » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi!

I totally get what you are saying about your shape....a very frustrating shape indeed. Have you ever tried weights to balance it all out? Well that's what it did to me anyway. When I was alot slimmer it made a huge difference, it made my shoulders look broader which balanced out my entire body to look more in proportion, it also made my boobs look bigger. :shock: I don't know just a thought.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby peargirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Slimming to multiply!

Congratulations on your current weight loss!

I have tried weights in the past but didn't see results. I probably didn't do it seriously enough. How long and how often did you use weights before you saw a result?
peargirl

Postby Slimming to multiply » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I probably saw a difference within a matter of weeks, I was weight training 3 times a week (minimum twice per week for busy weeks) I was also hitting the gym most days with classes and/or cardio machines or just going for a run (I love the gym - its my diet that lets me down). It's best to get a program done with a trainer at the gym though so that you are doing the exercises that best suit your body type and the goals you want to achieve.

Thanks for the congratulations too - nearly at the 10kg loss mark WAHOOO!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Return to Introductions