It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Free Newsletter

My first time to this website :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My first time to this website :)

Postby back2healthy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is really exciting, I feel like this is the start of my new life. No more self loathing and constantly cringing when I look at myself in the mirror.

Just a little bit about myself, I've been overweight my whole life, up until mid last year when I had started constantly dieting and exercising every day, I was very conscious about everything I put in my mouth counting calories and fat content etc.

Then came my overseas holiday in May where I gained 6 kgs in 3 weeks, this continued when I returned home and I subsequently gained an extra 3 kgs. This was mainly due to binge eating which I'm trying to deal with right now, I have to eat until I fill really full or I feel sick. I have found myself not even being satisfied even after a whole family sized block of cadbury chocolate! Then I would eat bowls of cereal, biscuits, chocolates, bread and jam...just anything sweet I could get my hands on.

I'm currently 56kgs (5'4") and I wish to lose 7 - 8kgs which I believe is a healthy weight for me and I feel a lot better about myself.

This is my first time using this site and I feel really positive about it, however, I have no idea how it works so if any of you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated :)

Re: My first time to this website :)

Postby patrickkallie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 am

I had that same problem of just "stuffing" myself even after I finished eating. It's funny how just a couple of weeks can really put your diet in a downward spiral. Take your time and browse around because it's really plenty of people on here with similar experiences that can help you.

It's often very hard to give up old habits overnight, so just take it slow and make small changes overtime and this will help you.

Return to Introductions