It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

Free Newsletter

My Weight Loss Challenge

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My Weight Loss Challenge

Postby Gabby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 am

Hello everyone,

Im 21, overweight and have finally decided to take control of my eating habits! I have no portion control, and my weight is making me feel more and more depressed, I have come here for some support and motivation, so hopefully you guys can help me :) My weight is approximately 104kg (I weighed myself last week) and I am wanting to get down to 75kg. I am going to aim to loose a kilo a week until I get to my goal weight :) I know it is going to be hard, but I know I can do it :D Does anyone have any tips to help me strengthen my willpower?

Re: My Weight Loss Challenge

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 am

Good luck Gabby!

ALl I can say is do it NOW. The younger you are the better your body will bounce back. Don't wait til you're nearly forty like I was when I started this. I am happy to have lost the weight but I have baggy skin that may tighten up in time but being overweight for so long means that it most likely will not.

Read read read .. arm yourself with knowledge of what is good and what is bad. Encouraging others on forums like these and shring that knowledge can make it easier too.

Don't get discouraged if you don't lose your kilo a week. SOme weeks you will lose more, particularly at the start, and some weeks you will lose less. So long as you know you are eating well and exercising then you can't go wrong.

Return to Introductions