It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

New member and new mum wanting to be a MILF

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New member and new mum wanting to be a MILF

Postby MustGetFit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm

*smile* Now that I have your attention...

Well...it's actually not a ploy, I have a 6 week old daughter, have PCOS, weigh 118.8kgs am 5"5 and am due to be married next September in the Whitsundays. I want to be a MILF. I need to lose weight. I need to lose approx 60 kgs.

Before I get criticised, the MILF thing is so my kid(s) won't be embarrassed of me when they're older and so I can be an active parent leading by example and live a better and healthier life. I'm 24 and only have the one child.

Every few months, weeks, days, years I have been saying that I am going to start Monday and I never really have followed through, but I figured since I'm putting it out there, I've raised a bar and expectation of myself that I have to live up to. My most successful weight loss' have been back in the early naughties I did the Today Tonight Soup diet in my teens and lost 11 kgs in one week. When I ate a salad roll, it all came back on. Secondly, I did the Cohens diet early last year and lost 9 kgs in 1 month. I was quite happy with that but am unable to go back on it as it's all hormone worked out or something and since giving birth, was told I am unable to do it as it won't be successful.

So here I am. I don't really know where to start, it is hard being a SAHM with a baby and putting up with family dramas (my fiance and I live with my folks atm >.<), but hopefully I won't let that get in my way. I can't afford a gym membership atm, but hopefully when I've lost some weight, I will go join one...I've heard too many horror stories of overweight people being scrutinized for going to a gym...but that's what they're there for right? To lose weight and be fit?

Any advice or anything would be great and hopefully there are some nice people out there :)

Kitty :)
MustGetFit

Re: New member and new mum wanting to be a MILF

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi MILF-to-be

As you've learned already, crash diets and fasting simply don't work. The most widely recognised solution for long-term weight loss is one that requires a corresponding long-term lifestyle change.

There are plenty of useful articles on the website attached to this forum. The forum itself has a number of useful areas, including the Challenges, Diaries and Personal Progress. All of which may help you stay focused on your goal. That's the key - focus.

Also, use the search feature in the toolbar at the top of the forum page to search for "PCOS" in the forum discussion archives - there have been (and still are) members with PCOS who had discussed various strategies used to help lose weight.

There are some good online medical resources available. The following page at SoulCysters has some interesting info.
http://www.soulcysters.net/showthread.p ... =lifestyle
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions