It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:45 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Another Newbie Here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Another Newbie Here

Postby sexygoddess » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:06 am

I turned 43 this year and realised I look like I am 53, I am not healthy, get out of breath easily and that is not what I want. I have always looked younger then I am and now when I look in the mirror I really don't like what I see and I want more of the good stuff. So here I am looking into creating that gorgeous me, and came across this website. It is so useful!!! So I joined. :D

I moved to Australia last Dec and everything has been new. I don't have many friends here yet and although my husband is Ozzie, we don't see much of his family. I know I am a comfort eater and moving to Australia sort of set it of more but at the same time - the opportunities of more outdoor activity and the extra time to actually find ME Time; has made me determined to lose weight.

I have just created a food diary. I was at last weigh in June I was around 88 Kilos. I want to be down to 53 Kilos. So that's a 35 kilo loss. I would love to have lost it by December this year. Is it possible and is that a healthy goal. If anyone can guide me on this it would be great.

I'm now looking at what exercise will help and at the moment its swimming that comes to mind.

So that's as far as I have got. If anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome.

Re: Hi Another Newbie Here

Postby patrickkallie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:08 am

I know how hard it can be to lose weight because I lost about 75 pounds. One thing that I have learned over time is that you need to find "something" to keep you motivated. We all have something that we can use if you really give it plenty of thought.

One thing that I used for motivation was a health scare from the doctor. My blood pressure was way too high and I was on the verge of having a heart attack at the age of 25! Sexygoddes this was something that motivated me like you wouldn't believe.

I have heard of some people using visual aids to help them lose weight - like a picture of the body that you would like to be like. I friend of mind bought a bunch of clothes in the size that he wanted to be to keep him motivated and it worked.

Take your time with this one...because it's very important especially in the beginning.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to post promotional links.

Return to Introductions