It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Start of a New Lifestyle

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Start of a New Lifestyle

Postby serenarikki » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:39 am

Hi All, I have been lurking around here for a couple of weeks searching for Motivation and the site is Awesome!
I have started my weighloss and feel really positive about it. I have Yo Yo dieted my Entire Life. I am determined to do it right this time!
I have in the past used Lite n easy and it was Fantastic, I cant do it now because they dont deliver to my area :( So the journey begins.
I was hoping someone could tell me if What i have been eating is Ok?

Breakfast: Small bowl Special k with Skim milk
Snack: Kellogs Muesli bar, Piece Fruit
Lunch: Turkey breast,lite cheese,lettuce sandwich on Helgas Multigrain Bread (No Butter) 4 strawberries
Snack: Light Salada crackers (2) Low Fat Cottage cheese tomato Piece Fruit
Dinner: What ever I cook for the Family just halved
Dessert: Weight Watchers Single serve tub Ice cream ( not every day though)

And I walk atleast 30 minutes 5-7 days a week

Thanks, reading everyones Stories and Tips is really Great!

Re: Start of a New Lifestyle

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi serenarikki

Thanks for de-lurking. The Forum will help you stay focussed and on-track. Yo-yoing is a pain (been there, done that) and is quite unhealthy, so hopefully it won't happen again. Use your positive energy to develop long-term healthy eating habits and lifestyle. That is the best way to keep weight off once it's been lost.

Postby patrickkallie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:46 am

Congrats for getting back on track. One thing that I have learned is that it's best to take weight loss slowly especially in the beginning because making drastic changes usually don't work long term. I myself have been through the yo-yo diets that are just so frustrating.

I have never been the kind of person that likes to have limitations on what I can eat. Balance is always a good approach to getting the weight off. Keep coming back frequently because we are all here to help each other.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to post promotional links.

Postby serenarikki » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi Thanks for Comments. I am doing it completely different to what I ever have before. I have always gone hard out when I start, Then when I reach Goal, I just go back to Pigging out and not exercising. I was a Major Night time eater, I could go all day without eating and come 7pm I dont stop for hours then just go to bed, Terrible Habit! So now have just stopped the night time eating and am having breakfast, lunch, Dinner and 2 snacks. I havent weighed myself, because I have in the past just given up if i have a slow week and not lost anything, and I dont want to do that anymore, so am just trying to go by clothes and how I feel. So thanks again it really does help :D

Return to Introductions