It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:11 am

Free Newsletter

2009 lost 15kg - it's all back on and I need to lose it!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

2009 lost 15kg - it's all back on and I need to lose it!

Postby CherryB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Well my story is quite simple. I struggled with weight for a few years (I was around 80kg plus, I'm 5'9) but in 2009 I had an awakening, got fit through a body challenge and went down to a very proud 64kg. Problem is I have regained the weight and it is frustrating and depressing! Try as I might ever since putting weight on again I just can't get started. Day by day I struggle and yet I've done it before, why can't I do it again? And the funny thing is - it's not the exercise that's the issue, it's the DIET! :(

I'm hoping this forum will help me in regards to guidance and motivation, etc., and hopefully by chatting with lots of you I will have a better understanding and a good support network.

Thank you!

CherryB. :mrgreen:

PS: I'm actually off to the gym in an hour! Hehe.
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Re: 2009 lost 15kg - it's all back on and I need to lose it!

Postby JaredAdam » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:46 am

Hi Cherry,

I hope you are doing well. Sometimes its good to know "why" you are trying to lose weight in the first place and the answer will be different for everybody. Knowing your "why" will help motivate you through the entire weight loss process and even help you when it comes time to maintaining because losing weight is the easy part, keeping the weight off is the real challenge.

Let me know if that helps. :D
JaredAdam

Re: 2009 lost 15kg - it's all back on and I need to lose it!

Postby CherryB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi JaredAdam,

Thank you for that - and yes it does help! And yes I agree that keeping the weight off is also a real challenge! Well I figured "why" is because it really comes down to wanting to live healthy which follows quickly by weight loss. I'm doing it because I'm on the verge of being really overweight if I don't do something about it now. I once had a great physique and was strong and healthy, now I'm a little chubba-wubba and I miss it.

It was a good idea to use the "why" idea, which helps me put the "doing" into a little more perspective. :mrgreen:
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Return to Introductions