It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 am

Free Newsletter

Hi there!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there!

Postby pandalei » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi! I'm Panda. I'm 19, and from the Gold Coast. I've always been teased for my size, though for different reasons. When I was younger, I was very short, and very thin. As puberty began, I shot up to my current height of 5 foot 7 quite quickly, and started to 'develop' quite early. That caused more teasing, which is, I think, why I started to stress eat. Of course, as I packed on the kilos, that stressed me more, and made me eat more...vicious cycle.
I recently went to the doctor, got all the tests. Blood tests, blood pressure, all that. My blood pressure's normal, blood sugar's normal, everything else is normal...but I'm fat. My doctor seemed a tad confused, so I don't know.

SW: 100 odd kilos.
GW: 65 kilos.

That's my inital depends on how I look and feel at that point. But I've got a large bust and large hips, but a small waist, so I don't know how my body will distribute the weight after I slim down...

Re: Hi there!

Postby Grapefruit » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Welcome aboard and have fun on your mission to lose the weight :D

Re: Hi there!

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Panda and welcome :)

A bit of advice from a 40 year old .. do it NOW! Keep yourself focused and lose the weight while you're still young.
If you wait it will be harder to do, health problems will be exacerbated and there will be things that you just won't do because you feel embarrased, or can't find anything to fit and all that jazz. I don't have many regrets in my life but not doing this sooner is one of them.

Return to Introductions