It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby lillabell » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:25 pm

Thought this might be a good way to try to shed some kilos. Have done just about every diet going and have now managed to weight more that when I started my last diet!! Have decided this time not to do actual diet programmes because I am not sure that they work for me. Am hoping that it is all just common sense - eat less and exercise more!

Only time will tell I guess!
lillabell

Postby Jisgone » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 pm

Welcome :)

It is all about common sense, eat healthier and excercise more but let yourself have fun sometimes too! once a week i tuck into a meal i really shouldnt and it keeps me on track pretty well.

Good luck!
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:16 am

Hi Lillabell and Image to the forum!! Thanks for sharing your weight loss journey with us!! You will find there is plenty of support and motivation here. We have a 5 week Christmas challenge starting today and a new 12 week one soon!! Feel free to join in if you would like to. I, like you, found that diets didn't work for me and have also chosen to eat healthy and exercise. Jewels, has a good point there about the once a week meal thing....I also do it and find that it has been a really big help to me to know that I can have something special on my treat day. I wish you all the best with your journey and if you would like to get a ticker it is in this Introduction section under how to copy and paste a ticker graph
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:55 am

Image Welcome there lill, you are right a combination of eating sensibly and exercise will have a massive effect on your weightloss. making changes for life is better than 'being on a diet'. moderation is the key. best wishes :) join in anywhere you feel comfortable and refer to the food pyramid to know what you should be eating daily and so on :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:28 am

Welcome!

There's some great advice around here, as has already been shown above!

Best of luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Mandie

Postby Fairie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Lillabell welcome to the forum :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:40 pm

Image and welcome to the forum. This is a great place for support and encouragement. You'll love it! Best wishes for your weight loss.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:48 pm

Hello Lillabell and welcome to the forum.

You will certainly find support and motivation here. Eating healthier and plenty of exercise will definitely help you to see changes, not overnight, but it will happen if you stick with it.

Glad to have you with us and I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:45 pm

welcome to the forums lillabell . Hope to see u around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Christmas Challenge??

Postby lillabell » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Hey guys,

Just logged on and am really impressed with the people responding - have never used one of these before so am pretty new to it. Hopefully with your support / encouragement I should be able to do something about it!! Need some accountability for my weight management and hopefully this should give it, but the anominity is also nice. One of the things I used to dislike about weight watchers was everybody else seeing you stand on the scales!

Whats the 12 week challenge and Christmas challenge??

Lill
lillabell

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:12 pm

yep we are all very supportive here.

you can look at photos some of us brave souls have posted on the before, during and after pics thread.. check out especially KimE who has achieved her goal weight and looks fantastic!!!!!

you can stay anonymous, or if you get confident post pics, or even post pics of your body without your face, or dont post at all..its up to you!

the challenges - you just state your starting weight, work hard, and at the end of the challenge, tell everyone how you did. there's monthly challenges, 12 week challenges and a new christmas challenge. the winner gets accolades and admiration :P :lol:

To join, just go to the thread and post your starting weight. The christmas one officially started today, so get there now if you want to join! might be a bit late to join the monthly challenge, but you can really join anytime you want!

Don't be afraid to set personal goals too, and put up a personal progress thread...

Best of luck! :D
Mandie

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:06 am

Hey there Lillabell....All of the above to what Mandie just said +

* the monthly challenge (slimmer of the month) you post your weight at the beginning of each month in that section and then you post your final weight at the end of the month. The winner is based on who loses the most kgs each month....

* The 12 week challenges work by at the start of the challenge you post your start weight and a goal you would like to reach within 12 weeks. Each week you then post your weight and how much you have lost/gained.

* The Christmas Challenge is a 5 week challenge that started yesterday (17/11) and it works basically the same as the 12 week challenge where we post our weight each week and the winner is based upon % of fat lost.

We have a new 12 week challenge starting soon!! I hope this has helped you and not confused you!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:44 am

looks like the grls have explained it well lill :) enjoy the group its nice to have you here :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Lillabell, welcome to the forum.
Dolly

Postby MissE » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:35 pm

Hello and welcome!
I'm doing my own thing too, using a combination of WW principles and bits and pieces ive picked up.
The challenges are great, i just joined the christmas challenge!!

have fun and dont be shy!!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Return to Introductions