It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Almost On Edge

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Almost On Edge

Postby lilmissmood » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi all,
Im a 25 year old country girl who most recently stepped on the scales and then almost fell over when i looked down and saw that i had hit the 90kg mark. What was worse (yes it gets worse) was when i started a new job and had to go clothes shopping and found that i now take a size 18. Devestated? Yes very much. Im on the edge and i really really don't know what to do. I make excuse when i go to exercise. My boyfriend tries to get me to work out but when i get home i always say 'im too tired' or 'i can't be bothered'....sad really. I go in to shops and find a dress i really like, only to realise that it won't fit me!!! My friends invite me out and they get all dressed up and look stunning and i turn them down and say i'm sick or i'm tired...which of course is another excuse!!! I don't go out with them because i feel as though im the designated ugly fat friend!!!

I play sport. I play netball and softball and i know that i can be much better then i am if i shed some kg's. But it's finding the motivation and the will power to do it. I have trouble with my knees and ankles and i know it's because i carry extra weight. I have tried dieting and all that jazz, and i have just decided to try 'Reducta' to see how that goes. I have heard mixed thoughts about this, but im going to see how it goes!!!

I really really want and need to loose weight. Im depressed, fat and beginning to loose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" fall seven times, stand up eight"
lilmissmood

Re: Almost On Edge

Postby Maddy's Mum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 am

HI There! First of all I just wanted to say that at least you have taken the first steps and made a move in the right direction, joining this forum will motivate you to move towards your goals, WELL DONE! That's the next step - set yourself reasonable and achievable goals and find a way to make yourself stick to them. I was told that I had to try to loose weight by the doctor in order to try to control high cholestorol - that's my main motivation but, I too want to look better this summer and fit back into all of the clothes hanigin in my wardrobe creating moth food!
It's a good idea to have some accountability even if it's just to us on here, a close friend or your boyfriend. Tell someone how you are doing and they will encourage you to the next goal or talk through with you where you may have lapsed.
Basically, we all know that the only way to loose weight is to eat less and exercise - find something that you enjoy doing whether it's walking, running, cycling or a DVD and just set aside a time every day to do it. I take the dog for a really long, fast walk every morning and I have surprised myself that I am actually looking forward to it now - even the getting out of bed at 5.15am isn't such a hardship and I've only been on the diet for 2 week!
I have found that listing everything on Calorie King has been invaluable to me - that's thanks to another member on here - Grapefruit- who is full of fantastic advice and tips. They set you a reasonable amount of calories each day and then you just load in to it what you have eaten and it will let you know how many are left for the day. Some of the contents are quite surpirsing even to a hardened yo-yo dieter like myself!
Anyway - You WANT to loose weight and that's the first step and with support you will! Go for it - you will feel so much better about yourself sooner than you think!
Good Luck and if you want/need support just ask! :D
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Postby lilmissmood » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you so much for your kind and motivating words!!

I took the first step last night and did Zumba..and oh my gosh, my legs were killing me!!!!!! I think my problem is i hate being pushed!! My boyfriend is a fitness freak and when we work out together he pushes me to the point where i don't want to do it anymore!! So i'll stop. Then a few months later ill start something on my own...only to find myself getting bored. I always think that i need a friend to work out with, so i do that. I started swimming...well i only went once..i went with a friend, but i find i enjoy working out on my own alot more, then i will go home and tell my boyfriend. Sometimes he zones out now when i tell him, only because he probably knows i wont stick at it!!!

This time im going to prove him wrong!! im going to stick at it!!! I wanna be fit and fantastic by feb next year, for my friends wedding and then in march we are going to perth and i wanna be able to sit on the beach and not worry about what people are saying behind my back!!! i want to be able to enjoy things with my boyfriend!

Im so happy that there is support on this forum and i can vent, yell, be happy and all other things on here!!!!
lilmissmood

Postby Maddy's Mum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Really well done! That's exactly the attitude and drive that you will need!

I live in Perth so I know all about wanting a beach body in time for summer! I haven't managed it yet but, this is going to be my year to do it!

Zumba is an excellent way to burn alot of calories and it is so much fun - funnily enough I also went to Zumba last night - I go once a week and I really look forward to it. I have thought about getting the DVDs but, it is hard to get to the TV in the evenings between my 7 year old daughter and then my husband and the PS3!!

You just need to prove everyone wrong and push forward with everything - have you had a chance to put together some kind of eating plan? That would probably be the next step.

Keep going you are going to be brilliant! :D

Maddy's Mum

Postby lilmissmood » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:29 pm

I do Zumba on the kinect!!! you copy what the instructor does...it's really good!! You should look into (kids will love it too!)

I haven't got a food plan as such. We eat pretty healthy anyway, i just have to watch how much i eat!! and stop the junk in between and drink lots of water (not really keen on water!!) Im not a big alcohol drinker so thats good!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeh i like to cook and will try some new healthy stuff!!
Do you have any suggestions??? Unfortunately i don't eat seafood either!!!
lilmissmood

Postby Maddy's Mum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm afraid that I'm not very imaginative but, I do alot with Quorn - in the freezer section at Coles and Woolies - they have a range of pieces, mince and other products - I think it's a kind of soy meat substitute but tastes nice and when you put it in a bolognaise or stir fry it's hard to tell the difference. It's low in fat and carbs and high in protein - may be too good to be true but, it works for me.

Other than that I really like salads and veggie soups so i have alot of those. I have 2 / 3 fresh dates per day just to try to get something sweet and satisfy that craving...otherwise it's all the boring stuff - fruit, veggies etc which, luckily, I kind of enjoy (that's what I tell myself!).

If you find any recipes etc PLEASE don't hesitate to share!

Maddy's Mum

Return to Introductions