It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

23 years old, new and fed up

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

23 years old, new and fed up

Postby eskimovm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi,
My name is Veronica

I weigh 95kg
My height is 5'7"
I weighed 70kg in 2009

I should weigh between 56-71kg

I am finding it's time for me to stop ignoring it, stop looking in the mirror and pretending I don't see it.

I hope I can shed the fat and regain my energy and fitness levels. Binge eating is a big issue in my eating habits. I am an emotional eater.

It's also hard knowing I no longer fit into my clothes, my size 10 & 12 jeans that I fit into until 2010.

I'm a 16 now. not to mention the stretch marks.

As you can see, the weight is taking an emotional toll on me, and rather than complain about it, then eat a cheeseburger or chocolate, I would rather get the ball rolling and start the journey to a longer and more fulfilled life.

Whew! that was a small weight off my shoulders!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP2u9g4/]
[/url]
eskimovm

Re: 23 years old, new and fed up

Postby Maddy's Mum » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi there Veronica - you have made the first step and I think that everyone on here must know how that feels. Take each day as it comes and if you get stuck or need advice then just jump on here - there are lots of very experienced and knowlegable memebers who can help you out. Not me, although I can try but, I have only just started myself! There is a heap of support out there for - don't be afraid to tap into it.

Get a plan together and then try to think of ways to make it stick....... I have hung a favourite pair of my "skinny" jeans on the bedroom door and every time I look at them it urges me on, whatever works for you.........Good luck :D
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Postby Grapefruit » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Welcome aboard Veronica and good on you for wanting to make healthy changes in your life.

Weight loss can be a very daunting process and at times can seem near impossible. There is no race in this game, it is slow and steady that seems to work for most (in the long term I mean).

To reduce it being so daunting, you can always make gradual changes. For example if you don't eat breakfast, start eating a healthy breakfast. If you have take away for dinner, just start by changing that for a healthy dinner. If your morning tea is cake, swap it for fruit or a muslie bar etc. I think so many people (myself included for most of my life!) get in the mindset of wanting the weight off right NOW but the reality is that you don't get fat overnight so you sure as hell won't get thin overnight (bummer hey?!) so just be kind to yourself and there is nothing wrong with easing into the changes. Motivation is always high to start with but tends to go away as time goes on, so just remember that if you're feeling deprived and want to binge, then allow yourself to just be on maintainence meals/calories for a week or even a month if that's what you need. Far better than piling the weight back on.

My biggest recommendation is to find physical activities that you enjoy. This is especially useful if you do have a binge here and there because at least you're burning some of those calories off.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby eskimovm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am

Snacks are my biggest problem! an average day goes like this

Morning (8am)
large cappuccino 1 sugar

Lunch (12)
sushi or burger or other carbs
coffee or coke zero

Afternoon(3)
coffee or lemonade or vitamin water
nuts or pringles or bread roll

Home time (5.30)
chocolate or cookie

Dinner (7)
Beef and vegies stir fry or some other dinner
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP2u9g4/]
[/url]
eskimovm

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Hello and good luck in your goals.

You really have to start having a proper breakfast. Wholegrain cereal and fruit is a good start. It'll fire up your metabolism and help you feel full for the morning.
Swap those sugary/salty snacks for some thing that is healthy and keep the crap for a once a week treat not a daily thing.

Get on the 'net and read lots and lots about what is good and what is bad and WHY it is good/bad. Soon you won't want to eat those pringles so often knowing that the salt content will make you retain water and the fat content will take 45 minutes of walking to wear off.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Grapefruit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Have your cappucino on skim milk. Sushi is not bad, I have sushi for lunch, it's perfectly fine but just stick with a normal serving and add some source of protein to it so it is more balanced. Swap your lemonade for the sugar free lemonade. Vitamin water is packed with sugar so don't have that. Swap pringles for rice crackers.

Just making these changes will be a good start and gradually you can make even better choices than the above.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Return to Introductions