It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

Im Tammy and lm new !!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Im Tammy and lm new !!!

Postby JFDI » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Everyone.. Hope lm doing this correct.. Thought l would come and introduce myself..

I have just joined this forum hoping to get some advise and support to start my weight loss journey..

Im 38 married with 2 daughters (5 & 7) and l am 5'1 and l weigh 63 kg.. When l got married nearlly 10 years ago l weighed 54kg.. I would love to get back to this but realistic would love to be 56kg..

I have put on several kg over the last 3 weeks and l cant bring my self to start Day 1. And everytime l try, it lasts until 10am when l start thinking of a donut, then just have to get one, or 2.. Then some lollies, icecream and so on..

One thing l have done positive is giving up Alcohol and l have found this so much easier than giving up food.. Why is this.. Hope to get a kick start soon before l end up 70kg and even harder to loose..

Re: Im Tammy and lm new !!!

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello JFDI

One piece of advice is to log your food intake in a diary here where everyone can read. Chart your progress and receive feedback - including an occasional (friendly) kick up the backside if you binge too much.

Accountability is important, so if you find it difficult to be so to yourself (as we all do, at times), then report to other people.

Aside from that, check out the website attached to this forum, it contains some excellent articles about motivation and discipline.

Return to Introductions