It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

new & nervous

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new & nervous

Postby dive_girl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi all,

this is certainly not my first weight loss journey, but a new one with a twist for me. After giving birth to a beautiful baby girl earlier this year I found to my horror I'd gained 15kg... all that chocolate during the pregnancy definitely counted now!
It's time to get rid of it and get back to feeling & looking great. The time to exercise is limited with a baby so I am starting by concentrating on improving my diet. I have decided to cut out any sugary junk food (chocolate, biscuits, cake etc) and have been 'clean' now for 5 days.
This week I give up the savoury junk (chips & salty snacks etc).
My aim is to make long term permanent changes by making small changes at a time rather than crash dieting (which has failed me many times before).
I'll introduce some more exercise over time, but it's baby steps at the moment.
My greatest weakness is snacking between meals and emotional eating. Any tips would be great as I feel quite nervous about succeeding since I have failed before.

CW: 80kg
GW: ~60kg
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out the accidental posting link.
dive_girl

Re: new & nervous

Postby Wockets » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Welcome and good luck :)
Wockets

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Hello and congratulations on your baby girl!

Don't give up snacking altogether .. for sure cut out the chocolate and chips and so on but it's recommended to have small snacks between meals. You just have to find out what works for you. A couple SAOs with tomato usually does the trick for me of an afternoon or a piece of fruit.

There's lots of exercise you can do at home .. grab a couple DVDs or just start doing squats/lunges/starjumps during the ad breaks. It'll all add up. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby dive_girl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 am

Hey and thanks!
Love the dvd idea, I'll have a look around for one.
Congratulations on your journey so far too, looks like you've come a long way :-)
dive_girl
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDS9ZiH/]
[/url]
dive_girl

Return to Introductions