It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby zacsteph » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi, Obviously I am new here, this is the first forum thingy that I have joined to do with losing weight. I am not a person to put myself out there at all. I prefer to hide in the shadows and observe everyone else. I think that after being overweight for the last 15 years it is time to start to turn things around. I am 38 years old and live on the beautiful GC. I have 2 great kids that are always encouraging me to lose the weight. I have a fair amount to lose so its going to take time. Problem is I love food. Which is the problem as it is my drug of choice. So here I go and fingers crossed this time it works.
Cheers

SW 115Kgs
GW 70kgs
zacsteph

Re: Hello

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi zacsteph

Yep, the health issues caused by poor diet and obesity begin to become a worry as a person goes through their 30s. It comes to a point where taking control over it will affect the rest of your life. A lifestyle change, nothing less.

One thing I've discovered is that food becomes more enjoyable when you are not eating all the time. Food tastes better, smells better when it's not covered in fat and salt.

Anyway, enjoy the forum and don't forget to read the articles on the accompanying website. Try this for starters:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/diy-weight ... ogram.html
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions