It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 am

Free Newsletter

Second time lucky??

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Second time lucky??

Postby bellaRJ » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:55 pm

I joined this forum last year and never really got any motivation to see through my weight loss, I am back again after having my second child 2 months ago and I actually weigh 5kg less than what I did the first time I posted here. I have a more realistic attitude this time around and a new goal, I want to get a breast reduction in a year when I have finished breastfeeding my daughter so I would like to have lost at least 15 kg hopefully 20kg. I currently weigh 90kg and at 168cm tall look really unhealthy. I would like to lose the weight not only for my children and myself but also to benefit my relationship with my hubby, as it has been neglected due to my lack of self confidence and embarrassment with my body. Hopefully I can stick to it this time :)
bellaRJ

Re: Second time lucky??

Postby Eddie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 am

Welcome back bellaRJ and I think with your attitude you'll achieve your goals. Let us know all about your progress and good luck.

Eddie
Eddie

Postby Sienna » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Goodluck! I am a newbie here too, and I feel like forums are a great way of getting support , and being able to find people going through the same thing. I had a goal 2 years ago to get some surgery (mine was to get my core muscles as fit as possible and get my weight as 'healthy' as possible) for a tummy tuck with a muscle repair. I ended up getting it done a year ago and now need some new motivation to get super fit and healthy! Goals always work for me, keeps me focused. I met a ton of women (while I was researching for my TummyTuck) on the aussie forum: http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/ that helped me find a surgeon, but a few of them were having breast lifts, you might find some of them in your area to help find a decent surgeon (when the exciting day comes!). All the best in your journey, keep your goal in mind and you'll stick with it!
Sienna

Postby ryanphillips » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 am

Good luck and welcome back :)

You say you didn't keep motivation last time to see your weight loss through. Don't think thats a bad thing.. its a NORMAL thing. Everyone goes through that when dieting. I read this earlier today:

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing… that’s why we recommend it daily.
– Zig Ziglar

What an awesome quote! The trick is finding the things that keep you motivated; for me personally it was seeing myself achieve my small daily goal. (my goal was to not put on weight, so either to lose or stay the same) And 9 times out of 10 I was losing :)

Were here for you when you need some extra motivation so don't hesitate to ask!

Once again GOOD LUCK this time round :)
ryanphillips

Return to Introductions