It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 am

Free Newsletter

If you don't have your health, you don't have anything

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

If you don't have your health, you don't have anything

Postby fitbody52 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:41 am

Hey fellow health conscious prescribers, let me first say, it's great to be here, and also a privilege to meet all of you. I am a 52 year old male, happily married with three daughters and two Golden Retrievers. I've been involved in fitness, nutrition and weight management since I was sixteen years old. I was a scrawny kid at sixteen, and my dad and my brother persuaded me to get into some kind weight training routine and the rest is history. I've been in two bodybuilding shows in my later teens and early twenties, and have written countless exercise routines and sensible eating plans for number of countless individuals including family and friends. NO, I don't have a degree, and NO I am not a personal trainer, although I have the SAME knowledge as they do, it's just that I'm not certified. I do have a wealth of knowledge, and am willing to help out whatever and whenever I can. As you all may know, obesity is running rampant across our country, young and old, and controlling our very lives, and even taking our lives at some point if not taken seriously. With the right exercise regimen, nutrition coupled with enough rest, positive attitude and plenty of family and friends to encourage us, the outcome is not only positive, but life seems more exciting, and doors will open to you. About five years ago, I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1. At first I didn't know what to think, and I thought "what a let down", but I didn't let this devastating disease stop me. I first, I had to acknowledged I needed to loose weight, about 25 to 35 lbs, to be where I should be for my height, at 5'7". But remember, I've been into bodybuilding, so I still had some muscle mass, but a lot of body fat had accumulated mostly around the midsection and upper quads (legs). My diet had to change, and the ONE thing that I cut out and watched closely on, was SUGAR!!, I cut out sugar, and watched my carbs, and to my amazement, I dropped 30 lbs. in three months. THAT was exciting, I figured out that, if you want it bad enough, there isn't anything that can't be achieved, the same goes for anything in life. Just remember people, stay positive, stay focused, stay disciplined and I can guarantee that you will be amazed how far you've come, and be a testimony to others that might be in need also....GO FOR IT!!!
fitbody52

Re: If you don't have your health, you don't have anything

Postby Eddie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Welcome fitbody52, Very interesting reading, good luck for the future and as you know all things are possible.

Eddie
Eddie

Return to Introductions