It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am

Free Newsletter

I have to lose weight!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I have to lose weight!

Postby jessica1981 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:35 am

So I, like many others, have tried to lose weight multiple times and been, shall we say, unsuccessful. I bought a scale tonight, weighed myself, and almost cried. At work last week, one of my customers felt it was appropriate to tell a total stranger than she (as in myself) was fat....since when is THAT appropriate conversation? My boyfriend and I have also been taking about marriage, and the last thing I would want is to be self conscious on my wedding day.
That's my story!
Just do what you should do!
jessica1981

Re: I have to lose weight!

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Jessica

If your desire to change yourself into a thin and healthy person is strong enough, and if you take realistic, practical steps to reach that goal, then you'll do it.

Other members of this forum have gone through much the same thing as you, and are either currently going through a process of weight-loss or have succeeded. Everyone does something a little different in order to stay on track, but in general it's a mixture of participation, recording progress, education via the articles on the main website, and practicing to stay focussed.

Finally, It's very easy to give up within the first month or two, but if a person can stick to it past that initial period then it gets easier. See you around. :-)
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions