It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Young, Mum and want to have Fun!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Young, Mum and want to have Fun!!

Postby Haylilii » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi all,

My name is Hayley and I am new to this whole 'weightloss' online support network.

I am a 20 year old mother of a beautiful 2 year old named Lilian and yes she keeps me generally active however I am at my heavist hence why I thought I would try a new approach to weightloss.

In the past 2 years I have had many road blocks on my road to success. Not having enough time, or motivation not to mention the right support at home.

My partner has always been tall and lanky and has been able to eat whatever he likes and stays skinny, therefore he brings his junk food home and then because it is there i subconsciencly end up eating the whole packet!!!

So this time I am determined to make a lifestyle change for my whole family while losing weight and having fun all at the same time.

My goals are quite simple it is just a matter of getting started.

So my first area that I need help in is how to turn food from and enemy into a friend. I have this horrible relationship with food and what I consider to be 'healthy' others would say that the portion is too big or "that doesn't count!!"

Does anybody have any tips that can help me get started in controling what I consume?

Please help!!!

Current Weight: 74 kg

Goal Weight : 65 kg

Time frame: 6 Months
Haylilii

Re: Young, Mum and want to have Fun!!

Postby Haylilii » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Haylilii

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi Hayley

Each person uses the forum in different ways, but it generally helps one to maintain momentum and focus. Participate. It's also a good place to learn from other people's successes as well as their mistakes.

My number one tip would be to keep a food diary and list everything you eat each day and work out a rough kilojoule count for it. You may be surprised at the amount of unnecessary food you are eating - people really don't need to eat as much as they generally do, and certainly don't realise it. It is also useful in recording the things a person would normally (and rather conveniently) "forget" he or she ate. A diary always remembers and never lies.

Don't forget the excellent website attached to this forum - you'll find some excellent articles on how to eat well and change lifestyle habits.
CronicBadger

Postby Haylilii » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks for that!

I went through my cupboard last night and got rid of all the high calorie unecessary foods and started writing up a diary this morning.

Lets hope this works =]
Haylilii

Postby ryanphillips » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:42 am

Hey

Welcome to the forum! A tip to get you on the right track straight away is to drink more water, aim to drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day and by doing that you will notice a change in your weight loss. Starting small like that is good to get started and to create the snowball effect :)

Hope this helps

Ryan
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sig containing commercial link.
ryanphillips

Postby Haylilii » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks Ryan =]

I've noticed a big difference already.

I have started exercising 5 days a week and I am loving it! I have lots more energy and I have noticed that all my clothes are starting to feel baggier.

Not only do I feel good, but I actually like to look at my self in the mirror now.

So far I have lost around 4 kg's only 5 more to go =]

Haylilii

Postby mitchymitch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Hey haylili,

First of WELCOME :)

now down to business. like i tell everyone who is starting off, look at the true stories threads in this forum. Nothing is more motivating then seeing people who have actually been in your shoes come out the other end achieving what they desired

Now as for the eating, I am a young chap (24) and like everyone here i love food, i use to have massive issues with over eating but then i decided to take a closer look at what i was actually eating and worked out a way of helping myself out

I worked out my BMR (which is the bodys resting matabolism) and now look at the rough calories im consuming and in what amounts, i now treat my body as a machine that needs a certain mixture of ingrediants to keep running (for me is 40%carbs 40% protien 20% good fats) so whenever i eat i mean i look to get as close to that as a call in 400 cals or less. Its quite funny running around a supermarket trying to find some beef jerky to go with say some cheese and crackers on my lunch break but it works for me. i also aim to eat every couple of hours or so which helps alot too

hope this helps

Mitch
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%