It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi to everyone...another newbie here :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi to everyone...another newbie here :)

Postby roadbuddies » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:04 pm

:P Hi Everyone, i think i've found the best forum to meet other people striving to reach their goal weight or who need a hand to get started. I am wrapped that i found you all!
I am a 30 yr old Mum, with 4 kids ( 2 step kids) and have been a yoyo dieter my whole life, giving anything a go that seemed a quick fix. But then i hit 30 and my boyfriend proposed on my 30th and so a romantic wedding on a tropical island is on the horizon for mid next year. That was when i chose not to have "fat" wedding photos. That was the point that has changed my life forever.
I am currently weighing 64kg, a height of 165cm so im pretty happy but considering only 3 months ago i was 72kgs and 2 years before that weighed a whopping 87 kgs, i think this time around i may just stick to it.
I am one of those people who have my weight on my mind constantly, i watch everything that i eat, i count every calorie and write down every exercise that i do daily.
I go to the gym 7 days a week, im doing tai bo 2 days a week and i ride or rollerblade for about 40 mins every afternoon.
I just want to let everyone know that it is possible to go from being unhappy and overweight, to happy and reach goal but it is hard work and i admit that i will probably battle daily for the rest of my life if i was to cave in tommorrow to those chocolate cravings or decide to give up the exercise.
If there is anyone who is out there who needs a buddy to keep them on track, to give each other encouragement, or someone who wants help or motivation to start the weightloss battle, please reply or email me, i'd love to have a chat. It's so much easier when there are other people to egg you on and let you know that what you are doing is well worth every drop of sweat and every "no" you say to yourself when you see a tasty tempting treat.
Goodluck everyone and i hope to hear from all of you soon!
roadbuddies

Postby Serena » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:40 pm

Welcome aboard! It's kind of exciting we have so many new members to meet. You sound like you have a fantastic attitude and are well on your way to goal. Your exercise regimen sounds exhausting - kind of like the ones I dream up where you throw yourself in at the deep end and get fantastic results before burning yourself out. You should be nicer to yourself. If you enjoy your exercise it will be so much easier to stick to and everyone needs at least one day off a week. A tropical wedding sounds great though - will you be getting married in Vanuatu or is that just the honeymoon? I think it'd be so nice to get married on a tropical island without all the fuss of invitations and seating and receptions and all of the other hassles. Darren (my partner, we're not engaged) doesn't think that eloping is a very nice thing to do. He's so boring!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:42 pm

Hi roadbuddie, sounds like you've got excellent advice for all of us there. Thanks for joining us.
I'm trying to lose weight to look a lot thinner than I do for my daughters wedding next year (date not set) This mother of the bride is on the right track and determined not to hide behind people in photo's anymore.

Dolly
Dolly

thanks everyone :)

Postby roadbuddies » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:57 pm

Yes the exercise part of my life is full on at the moment but it seems like im getting addicted to it. I feel guilty if i sit down and watch tv for more than an hour now..... whats wrong with me.lol
As for my wedding ...we have decided that due to the fact we have relatives all over Australia and quite a few who are a little old to travel to remote Northern Territory, we thought a nice tropical wedding on Vanuatu would be perfect. We are going to get a dvd of the wedding and then have copies made and sent to all the rellies so that they dont feel they have missed out on our special occassion.
I have already picked my dress which is a gorgeous little pure white crotched dress with a soft cheesecloth slip underneath...(which will explain the weightloss and the exercise regime)...ive never looked flattering in white before so im hoping this will be the first of many times to come.
Thanks for responding...its great to share with so many wonderful people that all have the same general goal...a healthier, happier life.
:)
roadbuddies

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:05 pm

gosh your wedding sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. How generous to send the scattered aussie relies a wedding video.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Introductions