It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 am

Free Newsletter

Hey .. Hello out there...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey .. Hello out there...

Postby nomorefatmumma » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 am

Hello... :)

Thought I'd just say a quick Hi... I'm Fee, a busy Mum of 5 who has let myself slip big time weight wise, and now am at a stage I need to do something drastic.
I've always been big, size 26 (getting too tight atm) and 18 at my smallest. But finding myself very depressed with it all its now time to move it. Not expecting miracles, just some sensible weightloss with the hope I can stick to it. I sustained a very painful back injury following the birth of my little lady some 2 years ago which has basically failed me, anyhow.. I have to live with this and I can't keep getting fatter lol. We have recently moved to Qld and only 8 min drive to the beach, making the most of it we get to the beach as a family on a Sunday morning and I'm hating not being able to sit in the sand and play with my little ones, for the fear I can't get up again. Obviously any weightloss will help my back too, and make it easier if they do have to operate later on. (hoping not!!)

I don't feel I'm an over eater, more just bad choices...
1. No breakfast
2. Too BIG carb meals of an evening
3. Not enough exercise

So here to start making some changes, and hopefully keep some motivation happening.

:P We shall see! I'm not sure what I weigh as our scales are 120kg only, so will go by measurements only. I do believe I'd be around 160-170kg though. :oops:

.... so time to do it..
See you around :P
nomorefatmumma

Re: Hey .. Hello out there...

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Fee and welcome to the board!

Welcome to the Gold Coast too! You really have to take advantage of the great beaches here, the weather is too good not to. Walking along the beach, even for a short amount of time, would be a great way for you to start incorporating a little more exercise into your lifestyle. It's also something that all of your family can do too!

Well done on deciding to do something about your weight - have you come up with a plan of attack yet? There is a lot of useful information out there on this board, which should help you. Another good place to start is the calorie king website - you can access this site for free and input your weight, height and age and work out how many calories you should be eating a day to lose weight. They also have an extensive database of common foods so you can work out the calorie content of what you're eating each day.

Let us know what you're planning to do and keep us posted on your progress. All the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi Fee and congratulations on making the decision to lose some weight. It really makes a difference in your life in so many ways.

Replace those carb meals with veges and lots of them! and just get rid of any crap from your house - if it's not there then you can't eat it. It'll be much better for the kids too.

Good luck with everything and I look forward to reading of your progress!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:19 am

Hey Fee

it sounds like you have the motivation you need to reach your ideal body / weight, Great advice from the guys on here too..

1. Create a plan of attack
2. Replace those heavy carb meals and get rid of the crap in your house

I want to help you with the first point you made..

"I don't feel I'm an over eater, more just bad choices...
1. No breakfast"

Breakfast is IMPORTANT!!!! Specifically there are 2 things to keep in mind regarding breakfast if you want massive fat loss results..

(1) Eat with 1 hour of waking but PREFERABLY within 30 minutes - This is crucial.

(2) Have at least 30g of protein at breakfast. I recommend a 30g low carb high protein shake (I have this most mornings) or more traditional breakfast like a couple of eggs, organic sausages and turkey bacon.

Hope this helps :)
ryanphillips

Return to Introductions