It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi im new here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi im new here

Postby Jazzed » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi everyone as the title says im new here so just thought id drop in and introduce myself.My names Carly and i currently live in QLD .I joined this site because i really need to lose weight, ive allways been able to control my weight in the past with no problems.I had anorexia from the age of 12 to 15 after i was freed of that disease and learned to eat normally i allways kept myself thin usually around 45kg to 50kg.Since i have had my youngest two children both of which had severe silent reflux and running my web based business i piled on the weight and ballooned to 85 kg. I know for some people that probably doesnt seem that heavy but for me it is , the extra weight i have to carry affects my back , i have mild scoliosis and spina biffida which has caused a fractured disk in my back.Life has settled a little more now with the kiddos being 1 and 3 their reflux has settled a bit and are not so demanding , i have also closed my business so no more sitting at the computer for up to 15 hours a day.Now i have time to actually make a decent meal and feel fully motivated to lose this weight and feel healthy again.The main thing i hate about myself right now is i am so tired all the time , it doesnt matter what i do i just cant get over the tiredness.I feel happy that i have made the first steps to regaining my body allthough i know i have a lot more to do and dont care if i get to be the way i was before , for now i would be happy to get to my mini goal weight of 65kg.I have joined a gym and usually go 3 times a week i would like to go everyday but due to hubby working so much theres no one here to look after the kids.So there you go thats my little journey of how i got here and where i want to be.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wu2XASP/]
[/url]
Jazzed

Re: Hi im new here

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:05 am

Welcome to the forum Carly

Its great that you have your goal in sight, a lot of people who want to lose weight don't have a specific goal but its true that goals you set are goals you get!

I understand where your coming from because when I started losing weight I was overweight for my usual body weight / shape, but not for most people, I guess its all relative. Whats your diet like now? It might have something to do with why your tired?

Ryan
ryanphillips

Postby Jazzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Ryan and thanks for your imput. My diet is getting a lot better than it was , my biggest down fall is drinks .When the kids were younger and i had the business i would skip meals but drink a lot mostly coffee and often more than 20 cups a day.I am a huge coffee freak in the last two months i have cut down to four cups a day next week i will cut myself down to 3 cups a day and the following week 2 cups a day.I have started replacing the coffee with water ,full cream milk with lite milk and regular sugar with the sugar free type.Im also trying to adjust my eating pattern most of the time i dont have breakfast or lunch and if i do its only a small amount , i then have a larger meal for dinner. I know thats not optimal as night time i would be doing the least amount of activity. Im thinking of doing a juice fast and seeing if that will make me feel better after watching the documentary movie fat ,sick and nearly dead the results of a 10 day juice fast seemed to be pretty impressive , i just need to get my coffee intake down first as that would be the only thing stopping me. the dr cant find anything wrong with me he just says im probably tired because i have young kids.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wu2XASP/]
[/url]
Jazzed

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi Carly and welcome to the board!

Congratulations on your decision to lose weight, I hope things go well for you. I thought I'd post in response to your concerns about coffee, as I'm a massive coffee fan too. I must admit that I don't drink anywhere near 20 cups a day, but I could never give it up completely!

Coffee itself has very few, if any, calories. The problem is that we tend to add things to it, which in turn adds extra calories. If you drink black coffee and just add a sweetner, you will find that you are drinking something which is virtually calorie free. If you don't like the idea of sweetners, perhaps you could try stevia, a natural sweetner instead.

If you like to drink your coffee with milk, I don't see the harm in having 2-3 cups a day, with just a splash of low fat/no fat/light milk. I drink 2 skinny lattes every day and it's never affected my ability to lose weight. I would suggest going to www.calorieking.com.au, which is a great site for working out what your calorie intake should be. It's free, you simply submit your height, age and weight and it works it out for you. There is also a huge food database there, so you can look up the calorie content of common foods and work out if you're eating too much throughout the day. If you do this, you should be able to work out a way to incorporate your 2-3 coffees a day into your calorie allowance.

Another suggestion would be to try the nescafe latte sachets that you can get from any supermarket. You can get flavours like mocha, skinny latte and cappucino, which are 99% fat free and only have about 40 calories per serve. You just make these by adding water, so you save calories from not adding milk. (To be honest, I DO like to add a splash of milk to mine, and sometimes an extra teaspoon of coffee to give it a bit more of a kick!)

In relation to why you're feeling so tired all of the time, it might be because you need to work on your eating habits a little. We get our energy from the foods we consume, so if you regularly skip meals and just drink coffee instead, your body has very little to 'fuel' itself with. This could be why you often feel so tired. I would suggest eating low GI (glycemic index) foods, which will help you feel full for longer and give you a constant supply of energy between meals.

All the best with your weightloss plans, keep us posted and shout out if you need anything :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby ryanphillips » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 am

Coffee is fine, you can have cream instead of milk and instead of sugar try vanilla or cinnamon for flavor :)
ryanphillips

Return to Introductions